Anchor Steam Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
I just came back from a visit to San Fransico and went on a tour of the Anchor Steam Brewery. What a great experience, oh yah the free beer was pretty good also.

Being a homwbrewer for several years, I finally was able to see how the big boys do it. I recommend to anyone who may get a chance, see if your local brewery offers any tours. I found it a great experience and learned a few things.

I toured Anchor a few years ago and to date has been my favorite brewery tour. Very enjoyable and I actually learned a lot about brewing. Their operation is small enough to be able to see ways to scale to a homebrewing setup. I overindulged on the old foghorn and had a very memorable bustrip back to downtown.

At least you remember the trip back. The more we talked about brewing the more beer the poured. I was there over 5 hours

Back