What kind?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packer43064

Reaction score
Well i want to brew up some beer. I want to rig up a thing for this though. You know something that is easy and damn cheap and isn't hard or takes alot of space to put together. I don't want to buy a kit either or anything. Some way that is simple yet effective is all I want.

I also no nothing on the topic of brewing beer so some information that wud help alot.

+1 on needing more info....

If you spend a little time(or a lot) on this site you can learn 90% of what you need to know....Then ask questions...

I will beat a dead horse...www.howtobrew.com is a must read. you need to know what you're getting into, because if you get hooked on brewing like most of us are, you'll be devoting plenty of time, space, money, and energy to making beer.

If you want easy, some people like Mr. Beer I think. I'm not sure how cheap that is, though.

It's generallly cheaper to buy a 30 pack of Old Style than it is to make a batch of homebrew, though.

+1 on reading up on things so you have an idea of the direction you want to go and if you can make the beer you like at an expense that works for your budget.

Rick

packer43064 said:
Well i want to brew up some beer. I want to rig up a thing for this though. You know something that is easy and damn cheap and isn't hard or takes alot of space to put together. I don't want to buy a kit either or anything. Some way that is simple yet effective is all I want.

I also no nothing on the topic of brewing beer so some information that wud help alot.

you want something simple, but you don't want a kit. Well, that's kind of confusing because kits are simple. What do you have against a kit?

You want to rig a thing up, but you don't want anything that takes up a lot of space. Well, generally anything that you "rig up" is going to take up space. Most kits, on the other hand, are collapsible and will actually fit inside a 5 gallon bucket when you are done.

Frankly, I think you need to do a little research on your own so we can "speak the same language". I'm really not sure what you're getting at. In addition to the wiki and howtobrew.com, also take a look at the equipment kits available through places like austinhomebrew and northernbrewer. They will give you an idea of what's out there and what's needed.

Cheers!

packer43064 said:

Easy
Cheap
No space required
Apparently automated
Don't want to buy anything
Simple
EFFECTIVE.

And...I know nothing...

...go back to sleep....it's all just a dream....

What he wants it a "Bender Beer Brewing Robot."

beer-brewing-bender-robot1_2263.jpg

packer43064 said:

Sounds like you might want to look into brewing small batches. You can use 1-gallon glass jugs (which run about $6 in most grocery stores, filled with apple cider) as fermenters. With a boil volume that small, you probably already have a suitable pot you can use to boil your wort.

Other than that, all you'll need are ingredients, sanitizer, a siphon tube and racking cane (or mini auto-siphon), a funnel, hydrometer, thermometer, stoppers and airlocks.

But before you buy anything, definitely do some background reading.

Back