Gold Rush - Jungle Gold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred might have some skills, but his son might disagree with you guys, lol. I hope Parker can secure the future of his G-Pa's claim. Ive always liked the Big Nugget Mine for some reason. I think its because in the first season they were the only ones pulling gold out of the ground.

I think that Parker is going to hit it big on that new claim. He said that it was the site of the camp for the original miners who hit it big way back when and it's never been worked since they didn't want to tear it down back then. There is a shot during the opening credits of Parker holding up a BIG nugget from the wash plant, it must come from the new place. I hope he hits big.
I am not a Fred fan, but I have to admit; that guy is a fabricating fool. He needs to learn about how to lay down a multipass bead though.

Parker hopefully will hit it big, a couple more clean outs like that and he will have a good year. Still needs to find some land for next year.

Dave tells Todd not to break the wash plant, so what does he do, dam near does just that by overworking it. When day light hit he should ahve stopped and filled that area back in.

I'd previously said that the only way Todd can get to 1000 is to run multiple shifts. Given that there's only a month left in their mining season, I think its too late for even that to work, although that might get them close.

Yes I think Dave/Toad have a chance at the 1000oz but I hope that is not who they were announcing "hit it big" this season. Still puling for Parker to find that big nugget he's holding in the previews and get the big payoff.

I think it's Fred's crew that hits it big. big The last few weeks they have been pulling solid gold out of that pit, and their operation is the least costly of the three.

I think it's Fred's crew that hits it big. big The last few weeks they have been pulling solid gold out of that pit, and their operation is the least costly of the three.

It could be, especially after getting that 40 oz haul off of four hours on the dredge getting into cracks. That means there's some serious gold down there somewhere.

and the point that they had no idea what they were doing. Lucky

Them boys on Bearing Sea Gold make Todd look like a genius...

I can't watch that bearing sea gold, too many idiots. If you think you can swim a half mile to your boat in the bearing sea, you are too stupid to gold mine. I hope they don't let that guy breed. The sad part is that the state of alaska is subsidizing all these shows, and they have completely turned me off to going there. Not so much gold rush or the crab fishing show, they are in their own little world and tend to stay there. So I don't tend to see either as representing alaska. But in general from what I have seen of IRT, bearing sea gold, the Palins, flying wild alaska, tougher in alaska, alaska state troopers, have all disuaded me from wanting too go to there.

I'll be surprised if Dave's wash plant stays in operation the way Toad has been running it. I understand his sense of urgency, but dropping the sluice in to the settling pond because you were too lazy to back fill the erosion would have put a small dent in the 1000 oz goal.

I can't watch that bearing sea gold, too many idiots. If you think you can swim a half mile to your boat in the bearing sea, you are too stupid to gold mine. I hope they don't let that guy breed. The sad part is that the state of alaska is subsidizing all these shows, and they have completely turned me off to going there. Not so much gold rush or the crab fishing show, they are in their own little world and tend to stay there. So I don't tend to see either as representing alaska. But in general from what I have seen of IRT, bearing sea gold, the Palins, flying wild alaska, tougher in alaska, alaska state troopers, have all disuaded me from wanting too go to there.

The Bering Sea Gold people make the Goldrush folks look like geniuses. I don't understand why anyone would employ that Steve guy - he's mentally unhinged, obnoxious, and is absolutely terrible at his job.

I'm thinking next season, if there is a season, that Dave and his crew cut ties with Toads group and do their own thing. Dave is a civil engineer and its apparent he knows his way around a large scale construction operation such as mining - Toad has shown zero competence in anything he has done.

Darwin18 said:
I'm thinking next season, if there is a season, that Dave and his crew cut ties with Toads group and do their own thing. Dave is a civil engineer and its apparent he knows his way around a large scale construction operation such as mining - Toad has shown zero competence in anything he has done.

Dave should definitely strike out on his own. I don't think they'd include him in the show much after that though. Like we talked about earlier with Tony Beats, its awfully boring to see a successful gold mine pulling up dirt, running it through the process, turning a profit.

How exactly is Toad maintaining his weight living in remote Alaska, presumably cooking for himself, while working 10 - 14 hour days?

How exactly is Toad maintaining his weight living in remote Alaska, presumably cooking for himself, while working 10 - 14 hour days?

One hand on the controls the other on a big samblich!

It previews make it look like Parker hits it on the site where the original camp was. Go Parker.

Wait until you see next years trommel! Doh! it doesn't work...

We'll ship it 6 months late and it will use rotted rubber bands for a motor....oops- they all broke!

I hope Parker nails it this week. He seems to be the only one that tony Beets has any respect for.

We'll ship it 6 months late and it will use rotted rubber bands for a motor....oops- they all broke!

I hope Parker nails it this week. He seems to be the only one that tony Beets has any respect for.

Tony Beets said in a interview that he likes Dave and is impressed with his crew, He would Hire them, they get things done.

Well, when your 10-14 hour days consist of stuffing your face and riding around on a modified golf cart yelling at people I don't think it's too hard to maintain fat bastard status.

Also, he's not cooking for himself. His wife and kids are there so he gets home cooked meals.

We should all pitch in and make Toad a tromel out of tin-foil and popsicle-sticks. And sell it to him for 3 million dollars.

This sounds like pure genius. Call it the face sucking turbo trommel. It spins so fast it actually sucks the gold out of the dirt. No water required.

I still don't understand how a brand new motor for that trommel burned out after only a few hours of operation unless the guy who designed the trommel had no idea what he was doing. I understand that it was a prototype but that's huge design flaw and Toad got seriously ripped off.

I've watched gold Rush from the start. Todd is a fool. Jungle Gold was just one of the dumbest things that I've ever seen. I do enjoy Bamazon though.

I worked in a quarry for a year back in 98, and I feel that I still have a better chance at running the Gold Rush operation better than Todd. Just their safety risks alone make my jaw drop. I still remember in the first season when they hit one of their trucks with the excavator. And in this season where they actually attempted to move the new trommel with an excavator.

Plus their overhead is absurd. Their campsite is one of the biggest that I've ever seen. They're blowing soo much money on all this support equipment that they could do without. And flying their families back and forth all the time isn't helping at all.

I still don't understand how a brand new motor for that trommel burned out after only a few hours of operation unless the guy who designed the trommel had no idea what he was doing. I understand that it was a prototype but that's huge design flaw and Toad got seriously ripped off.

This is exactly what happened. Not only did he get a prototype, he got a horribly rushed prototype. It's pretty apparent that the guy who was making it was way in over his head with it. Heck his shop couldn't even fit it inside and he had to jimmy rig a lift to get it put together...

I've watched gold Rush from the start. Todd is a fool. Jungle Gold was just one of the dumbest things that I've ever seen. I do enjoy Bamazon though.

I worked in a quarry for a year back in 98, and I feel that I still have a better chance at running the Gold Rush operation better than Todd. Just their safety risks alone make my jaw drop. I still remember in the first season when they hit one of their trucks with the excavator. And in this season where they actually attempted to move the new trommel with an excavator.

Plus their overhead is absurd. Their campsite is one of the biggest that I've ever seen. They're blowing soo much money on all this support equipment that they could do without. And flying their families back and forth all the time isn't helping at all.

Agree with you 100%. The safety risks they are taking are ridiculous. There are so many safety violations being documented that I'm surprised MSHA hasn't issued them serious fines. Things like forcing employees to operate heavy machinery near cliffs without lighting, safety barricades, fall protection, and numerous rigging problems.

I also agree that they have far too many people involved in the operation, at least on the Quartz Creek side. They need run lean and mean - 5 or 6 people per operation with at least 1 mechanic with adequate tools and equipment to make repairs. In the summer they have nearly 24 hours of daylight - freaking run the team in 2 ten hour shifts...

I just made a trommel made of duct tape and super glue. Posted it on face book and some guy name Todd wants to buy it for $100,000. I'm rich!

Neither of the hoffman operations has equipment to move material or overburden long distances. For that they would need a haul truck, or at the very least an articulated truck like Parker has. gal/hr

They clearly show them with an articulated truck, actually two, if I remember correctly.

Would anyone work with the rube who invested in Toad's operation? You have to think that he had seen the first two seasons of Gold Rush. Yet he still went ahead and backed a fat slightly homeless looking guy who is a terrible miner.

Back