Trying a DIPA for the first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrydrez

Reaction score
I've never had a DIPA before, so I wanted to try one. I was in my local liquor store (which I discovered has a decent selection of some better beers, a lot of singles). I was going to pick up stone ruination, but this other beer "Hoptimus Prime" made by Legacy caught my eye. The name tickled me so I got that instead.

It's interesting to say the least (you'll have to forgive my noobieness). It poured a nice copper color, with some lacing. It has very little carbonation. As far as taste, I think I detect some... pine? with possibly some citrus. It has a nice, lingering bitterness. Is this beer representative of the style?

Sounds about right. I'm a noob to it myself. My first IIPA was my own. My wife got me my beginner's brew setup for Christmas and bought me a IIPA extract kit as my first.

I enjoyed it a lot, even though I think mine had a little more maltiness than is typically expected in any IPA. Since then I've had Lagunita's Hop Stoopid which was delicious.

Back