Keezer build recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hank1105

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I will be building my keezer over the next month. I purchased the GE 7 cu ft chest freezer. I am going with a collar design with pine on the inner collar and oak on the outer collar. My initial thought was to paint the white chest freezer black enamel, any recommendations on process of painting the freezer? Also what is the typical distance between taps? For now I am going with three taps, center tap will be for a stout faucet.

Thank you as always!

I can't help with the painting questions, I kept my keezer white and painted the collar white to match it.

When I planned out the 6 faucets for mine, I placed two standard pint glasses side by side and measured the distance from the center of one glass to the center of another. I used that measurement to drill the holes for the faucets. I didn't want to be cramped for space just in case I wanted to set glasses side by side on the drip tray.

You may want to find the right drip tray and then evenly space the faucets to match the length of the tray.

Mpjay

Good call regarding the glasses, I will go that route.

Latest posts

Back