Wyeast 3864 - Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callback79

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck finding Wyeast 3864 in Canada?

The local shop can't get it, and I've find only one website that will ship it from Canada, but it cost over 22$ with shipping.

Thanks.

Culture some dregs from a bottle of Unibroue beer. Unibroue La Fin Du Monde and Unibroue Blanche de Chambley should work.

From what I've read, the general consensus is that Unibroue filters the yeasts used for fermentation and uses another yeast for bottling.

If I'm wrong, I'll be more than happy.

Just to let you know it is possible to collect yeast from unibroue. I have successfully cultured yeast from a blanche de chambly. It is most certainly a Belgian yeast strain, however the resulting beer did have a pronounced bitter yeast character. Which I believe is common for the style unfortunately its a bit too bitter for my liking.

Its a nice strain. I used it in a belgian IPA and the flavors were soft so to speak. I can see how they use it all their beers its pretty unoffensive.

Back