ipa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwald

Reaction score
I made up my own batch of ipa. And I don't know what the finel gravity should be.
It started at a 1.070 and it is at a 1.026 and still bubbling every 50 sec.
So should I shake it up to get the yeast going so I can get a ft at 1.013

Just let it go. Most beer will take a week or two to really ferment out. As long as the gravity is dropping leave it alone. 1.026 and still bubbling shut the door don't check it for a week. It won't go bad.

One of the best IPAs I have ever had is actually a local brew here in Charleston from Westbrook. Anyone else ever had it? I would love to be able to make something similar.

Assuming you pitched a proper amount of yeast into an aerated wort, the yeast are just going to do their thing.

BTW - 1.013 would be 81% attenuation. That may or may not be realistic depending on the yeast strain and grain bill.

I made up my own batch of ipa. And I don't know what the finel gravity should be.
It started at a 1.070 and it is at a 1.026 and still bubbling every 50 sec.
So should I shake it up to get the yeast going so I can get a ft at 1.013

What's your recipe, process (mash temps, ferm temps, etc) and the yeast you used? Knowing that, we'd be able to ballpark your target FG.

Back