Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cpt_Kirks said:
I notice you have a faucet wrench handy. Do you remove your faucets often?
nope, just have it handy so I don't lose it, heard way too many stories of it being lost constantly lol.

Like our football team, my LSU kegerator totally crapped out this past January. So here is my latest version. Sorry about the horizontal pictures. Not sure what happened there.

Kegerator1.jpg

Kegerator2.jpg

Kegerator3.jpg

Kegerator4.jpg

Kegerator5.jpg

LSUCamaro said:
Like our football team, my LSU kegerator totally crapped out this past January. So here is my latest version. Sorry about the horizontal pictures. Not sure what happened there.

Very cool! Magnetic skins?

Quick update to mine. Installed the 11th tap on Friday.

Wow! I can't believe you do 5 to 6 batches in a day. I thought my 3 batches a day was good, but 5-6?! Yowza.

And, then, gotta love the 11 taps. Nothing like a great variety on hand. Tough to get past 2 taps with my SWMBO.;)

Small 5 cubic ft keezer- had to go small, I don't have a lot of room for something larger. It fits 3 kegs, currently have 2 on co2 and plan on adding nitrogen for a tap in the center. I drilled and plugged the center tap hole so I have no choice but to add on!

That's the size I think I'm interested in using... are you happy with the one you picked so far? If so, what make/model is it?

LSUCamaro said:

Holy Schlitz!! That is awesome!! I was proud of my LSU build till I say this one. I'm still working on mine. You can find the build in the DIY section called "keezer build, Louisiana style. I'm not quite finished yet

Are those decals? I'm trying to find some large LSU decals but have come up empty. Any help would be awesome!!

Geaux Tigers!!

That's the size I think I'm interested in using... are you happy with the one you picked so far? If so, what make/model is it?

It's a Frigidaire, not sure of the model- it's a few years old and i bought it on CL for $40. It works great, haven't had any issues with it and has a decent amount of room for how small it is. I just started kegging, and I'm sure I will eventually get the "bigger is better" bug, but for now it works great.

Sparky said:
Wow! I can't believe you do 5 to 6 batches in a day. I thought my 3 batches a day was good, but 5-6?! Yowza.

And, then, gotta love the 11 taps. Nothing like a great variety on hand. Tough to get past 2 taps with my SWMBO.;)

Hahahah. Yeah, it probably not smart to do that many in a day. I'm usually dead to the world the day after. But I've got to keep that pipeline full somehow and I may get one day in a month to do it in.

Yes, 11 is awesome especially for all the entertaining we do. We just hosted my grandmothers 85th birthday at our home and it was cool to type up a beer menu and then ask people if they wanted a tall, short or sampler flight. I'm a lucky guy. Had 2 taps at first, then 4, then 8, now 11... I've been promising SWMBO one for root beer for a while now... I should probably get on that since I want to build a portable kegerator next.

Small 5 cubic ft keezer- had to go small, I don't have a lot of room for something larger. It fits 3 kegs, currently have 2 on co2 and plan on adding nitrogen for a tap in the center. I drilled and plugged the center tap hole so I have no choice but to add on!

That's very nice looking, congratulations!

The fridge is wrapped with a printed vinyl film similar to what would be used on a vehicle wrap. The tap labels are printed magnets so they can be changed out.

Have you tried contacting an LSU store to see if they carry or if they can get oversize decals? You can also try FatHead.com. I own a sign company, so I just printed the logos on the wrap. Most sign companies though won't be able or willing to sell you that because it is not legal to do so. However if you call around enough, you might find someone willing to do it.

Holy Schlitz!! That is awesome!! I was proud of my LSU build till I say this one. I'm still working on mine. You can find the build in the DIY section called "keezer build, Louisiana style. I'm not quite finished yet

Are those decals? I'm trying to find some large LSU decals but have come up empty. Any help would be awesome!!

Geaux Tigers!!

A few pictures of my kegerator. Mayday IPA & Creme Brulee Imperial Milk Stout on tap.

... hope they load properly

If I am seeing it right, you put some insulation around the inside of the unit. IMO that's a mistake. You are insulating the COLD out of the unit and making it harder for the unit to work. I would cut the insulation out up to the collar, leave it covering the collar and maybe a little bit lower.

I completed the construction on my keezer a few days ago. Most of the ideas came from this thread, I would like to say thank you to all the people I have learned from while reading through all of these posts.

Here is what keezer ended up like:

Keezer_Ouside.jpg

Keezer_Inside.jpg

Keezer_Diagram.jpg

I completed the construction on my keezer a few days ago. Most of the ideas came from this thread, I would like to say thank you to all the people I have learned from while reading through all of these posts.

Here is what keezer ended up like:

nice build. BTW do you have a larger version of that diagram?:rockin:

nice build. BTW do you have a larger version of that diagram?:rockin:

Yes, the original diagram is much better but when I attach it to the post it does some automatic compression on the image. Is there a way to avoid this compression? it is only a 50Kb file

Well here she is. Totally stripped, primed with a self etching primer, at least three coats of an orange engine enamel from advance auto parts, and two coats of clear coat (with lots of wet sanding in between steps).

I definitely gained a ton of respect for guys who can do quality paint and body work. No matter how smoothly it was sanded or how carefully I painted, it just doesn't look perfect everywhere. Oh well, if I wanted perfect I would have had to pay several hundred bucks.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. Something I'll keep for years. Thanks for all your help and ideas!!

image-2813401402.jpg

still waiting on my freezer to be delivered to begin the big build... the wait is killing me..

golden draak clone and unearthly clone are kegged up ready to go

I've been promising SWMBO one for root beer for a while now... I should probably get on that since I want to build a portable kegerator next.

Hmmm, I did not see a Nitro tap in there. Tell SWMBO that the Nitro needs to happen before the root beer!

AndyShank said:
Well here she is. Totally stripped, primed with a self etching primer, at least three coats of an orange engine enamel from advance auto parts, and two coats of clear coat (with lots of wet sanding in between steps).

I definitely gained a ton of respect for guys who can do quality paint and body work. No matter how smoothly it was sanded or how carefully I painted, it just doesn't look perfect everywhere. Oh well, if I wanted perfect I would have had to pay several hundred bucks.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. Something I'll keep for years. Thanks for all your help and ideas!!

Very nice!

Sparky said:
Hmmm, I did not see a Nitro tap in there. Tell SWMBO that the Nitro needs to happen before the root beer!

Hahhaha. I've got the stout faucet... Two of them in fact. I just haven't gotten the tank or regulator yet. I'll pull two of the regular taps out once I get that and use them do the portable kegerator.

Basic two tap system may look at getting a third later on.
Fridge was free and haven't bothered to do much of clean up on it yet, too busy keeping the kegs full :mug:

41937410150606143141820.jpg

53939310150617651571820.jpg

42372910150606143201820.jpg

That is pretty cool. I love it. What's the story on this guy? Is it an antique ice chest? How are you cooling that?

Thanks!

This has been in my family for about 100 years and my mom was about to get rid of it so I gutted it and made it a shell for a fridge. I'm using a 4.1 Cb ft fridge that holds 2 cornies and a CO2 bottle. The fridge and wood sit on furnature sliders so when I have to change a keg out I can easiely slide the whole thing out (carefully). Here is the link to the whole build.

NICE! I like the old fridges.

Been a big fan of this thread for the last couple of years and finally put my own keezer together with a lot of help from my fiance.

photo(2).jpg

photo(3).jpg

photo(4).jpg

photo(5).jpg

photo(6).jpg

Finally, got around to putting this together. I was just going to do the ubiquitous wooden collar when my wife reminded me that we had some left over tile. I was a little tipsy when I laid the tile, so it's not perfect. However, I think it looks pretty cool.

keezer17.jpg

keezer25.jpg

Thought I'd share our two "kegerators" more like bar fronts but they're essentially the same, got some pretty good ideas from you guys!

532213_325803197479780_231518166908284_963927_1857071421_n.jpg

Front holds 4 sankeys, back holds 10 corny's, 14 taps total... we used these for a festival last week and my taps didn't arrive in time so I had to go with party taps.. doesn't look nearly as good but hey, it got the job done!

Kudos. Looks nice. I like the counter material. The whole thing looks very clean and professional.

I think I've viewed every page in this thread. It has been an inspiration and now I can contribute.

My custom Kegerator with a collar started life as an old beat up Beverage air BM23c. it was a CL find and for 50 bucks it was a steal. Minor work had to be done to the Evap housing but it runs great!

2012-03-05_13-23-56_103.jpg

SAM_0152.jpg

SAM_0149.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

558446_3621478700716_1386415191_33460669_1356010009_n.jpg

Back