Palmetto State Brewers Open - 3 Dec. 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whippy

Reaction score
http://www.sagecat.com/psbo13.htm

This will be the first event like this I have ever attended or entered so I don't really know what to expect, but I am looking forward to it! I entered three beers. :tank:

Will any of you be there or have you entered beers?

They are asking for more judges on the website...so I am just posting here to get the word out.

Below is quoted from the competition website:

Entries for PSBO13 are closed. Thanks to the many brewers from all over the country who entered almost 400 beers, ciders and meads. PSBO will be one of the largest competitions in the Southeast. Results will be Posted on this Site within 48 hours of competition's end.
With this many entries we find ourselves in serious need of BJCP qualified or very experienced judges. Judge/steward signup will continue through November 30. It is very likely we will judge some flights on Friday, Dec. 2, beginning at about 8:00PM at the competition venue. If you sign up please indicate in the Comments area if you plan to be here Friday evening. There will be one round with 0.5 BJCP point awarded. Judges and stewards need to be at the site by at least 8:00 AM Dec 3.
If you have problems finding the site call (803) 603-3816.

How did you do? It was my first comp too, with my 2nd and 3rd AG Brews entered! Amazingly took 2nd in the IPA with my Hella Hops IIPA...What are entering next?

I actually JUST saw your message here....sorry I did not respond earlier!
Hey, congratulations on your ribbon!! I hope you can take 1st this year if you enter :mug:

My beers did not do so great, but I was extremely pleased with the feedback I received. My highest score was 32.5 on a Belgian Specialty Ale. From feedback, it was apparent that the judges liked the beer but could not score it well because the character from the coriander I had listed in the ingredients was just not present. I could not taste it myself, either, and understand what was meant by the judges. My Ami-Stout was oxidized, so was no good and my Ami-brown was just a poor recipe and was not brewed well by me.

I'm entering a Belgian Dark Strong and an American Barleywine this year. The Barleywine is super good I think, and will be 3 months bottled at the time of the competition...although conventional wisdom says to let a BW age for a year or so, I'm going to take a chance and enter it anyway :rockin:

Back