Who's camping this weekend??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
I am!! Taking a half day of work tomorrow to load the truck up and hook up the camper....oh and have to mow the lawn too real quick.

We're going to northern MI, near Houghton Lake. About 15 or so of us are going up to party and do our traditional thing.

I will be in my 71 travel trailer that Ive fixed up. LOTS of beer will be drank and lots of fun will be had. I dont plan to take any home brews because we drink so much up there and I want to have some when I come back. We drink mostly BMC and booze up there. Plus were on state land, and I dont want to have my stomach bubblin all day if you know what I mean!

Anyways, I cant wait to get up there tomorrow and have a good ol time!
:mug:

Took the RV to the Homebrew fest last weekend and parked on the Fairgrounds. Works nicely.

We're heading to a WI state park that borders Lake Michigan. I'm praying for an east wind all weekend to cool the place off. I've been roasting the last couple days and that makes me grouchy. Jeezus, what am I going to do in July and August???????

Anyway I'm taking along my new coolerator with a 3-gallon corny of Nut Bown Ale. Other people may or may not help drink it, but when it pukes, they'd better have some beer for me, because it's all the beer I'm taking along.:mug:

I thought camping was sleeping outside in a tent, not inside a trailer....

When you get old, you appreciate a mattress! We used to tent camp, then bought a trailer. When the kids got older, we sold the trailer and bought a truck camper. The kids sleep in a tent and the old people have an innerspring mattress. I'm not camping this weekend (too much kids' stuff going on) but soon!

One thing I'm doing later this summer is going on an "old ladies only" backpacking trip. I can sleep on the hard ground for 3 nights, then that's it! (No women under 40 are allowed on this trip!)

I put a fire pit on my backyard so that I could sit around the fire and still sleep in my bed. I'm not much of a camper.

I will be backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park.....fly fishing, fly fishing fly fishing....drinking whiskey....fly fishing, fly fishing, fly fishing

no camper....hell maybe no tent if the weather is nice and the bears are being nice......

todd_k said:
I thought camping was sleeping outside in a tent, not inside a trailer....

Ive camped in a tent for the last 8 years, my trailer is nothing fancy, but it does have a mattress and stays nice and dry in the rain. Last mem. day I was in a tent...nice tent too, but it decided to leak and I had the chinese water torture all night....that was horrible. I still have no elec. and no running water....its still camping.

We did! :D

We were probably up in Lorena's neck of the woods. Spent two nights at Tahquamenon Falls State Park near Paradise Michigan. We visited the upper and lower falls, the mouth of the river and went up to Whitefish Point, to check out the lighthouse.

We also swung though Pictured Rocks NP, and through Hiawatha National Forest, and essentially fell even more in love with the UP than ever before.

So much so that we're hoping to buy some acreage up near Munising in the not too distant future.

Know of anybody who's selling Lorena? :D

Back