Bacon Jalapeño Brats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got this idea from FSR402 at the Predators Homebrew gathering:

Slice your brat lengthwise, almost all the way through.
Spread Cream Cheese on both halves.
Lay sliced or diced jalepenos inside brat.
Wrap brat in bacon and pin in place with toothpick.
Grill or smoke until bacon is done.

So I try this last night with some leftover jalepenos in a jar. I like my heat mild, so I only used a little.

OMG! These were awsum! Even my daughter liked it, which I didn't expect. Only problem I had was the cream cheese wanted to drip out once the brat started swelling. It was still delicious, just wish there was a little bit more cream cheese. Maybe if I didn't close it up so tight when wrapping the bacon.

The ones I made last night were precooked beer stadium brats from like Hillshire Farms or something. Not sure why you couldn't cook them for a while on low, but brats can be difficult on their own, without having greasy bacon dripping more grease onto the grill.

But I will more than likely try fresh brats this summer.

something my friends came up with a few years ago: split a hot dog, and insert a slice of cheese, then encrust it with hamburger, and wrap the whole deal up with bacon. Heart attack on a bun.

For brats, this is my favorite way to cook em:
sear each side until well colored. then, place a cheap foil pan filled with beer, chopped onion, ancho chillies, fresh garlic, and pepper on the grate over the coals. Toss your brats in there and let them finish cooking. It lets them keep the great char flavor, but never lets the sausages get dried out. If you toss in some potatoes and let the liquid cook into them, it makes an awsome combo.

You could add the cream cheese and bacon when you're ready to eat.

OIC.

Well, don't try it then. And I'll keep an eye out for the Brat Cops. Wouldn't want to get arrested for doing anything immoral to my food again.

While this is a true statment:

Although I love bacon, anything other than mustard, sauerkraut, grilled onions, and maybe some peppers on a brat is an abomination. Just like catsup on a steak.

This is also a true statment:

Placing restrictions on bacon? Sacrilege!

It seems we now have a moral dillema.

another great grilled cream cheese dish:

take a green apple and cut in half horizontaly.
Scoop out the core to about 1/4" from the bottom and fill with cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, or any combo of the three. sprinkle with cinamon and leave them on the dying coals while you enjoy your meal. Take em off when the skin is browned over the bottom and eat quickly. they cool fast and the flavor just isn't the same cold.

Sure you didn't get it from this thread?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/what-should-i-grill-tonight-175127/index2.html

sixth post down or so...

Nope, got it straight from the mouth of a member here during a homebrew party couple of weeks ago. I didn't really see a post in your link that resembled bacon-wrapped jalepeno brats either. Though there is some very tasty recipes in that thread.

FSR402 Also has a nice recipe for bacon-wrapped pork sausage. Not sure if he's posted that, but it's very tasty as well.

I made 3 more of these brats last night because they were so good and we had 3 more brats left over. Both kids loved them, except the little one had hers sans jalepenos. This time I hollowed out the brat a bit more so the cream cheese would stay in better.

I didn't really see a post in your link that resembled bacon-wrapped jalepeno brats either.

It's actually towards the end. Pretty much verbatim... Maybe your buddy got the idea from there?

Here is what a couple of us guys constucted last week end. Take a brat, slice it almost all the way through long wise. get a package of cream cheese, let soften. slice up some jelopeno and mix in with cream cheese.stuff the brat with the cream cheese mix. Then wrap the brat tightly with bacon securing with tooth picks. Grill till fully cooked. Then here's the kicker, i didnt think i would like but OMG its yummie. Take a big hoggie roll, lay the filled brat on it. top it with bush's baked beans and sweet coleslaw. I wish my camara pics turned out. I wasnt really hot on the idea of beans and slaw, but it evens out the heat from the jalopeno's. My buddy whom created it calls it the F@#$ing A right Doggie, cus that was the words expressed after tasting!!! wash down with beer of choice, and call your cardiologist!!!!:rockin:

Latest posts

Back