Brewing Activity 3/9-3/11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardball

Reaction score
What is everyone's brewing activity this weekend?

I am racking my FT Clone into secondary and entering the homebrewers' competition on Saturday.

Let's see... this weekend we're bottling the porter (can't WAIT to taste it again) and we'll be racking my IPA to the secondary and starting the dry hop.

My parents are coming up to visit, so I'm anxious to show my dad how it works, as well as to let him try the bock.

Should be interesting though, since we'll have my kids this weekend and all three of them will be running around like crazy people :)

Going to start lagering the Vienna, which came out a little higher in OG, so I guess it's a Marzen/Oktoberfest. Diacetyl rest is about done.

Brewing an all Amarillo Pale ale "Remember the Amarillo". Going for massive late hope additions, should be fun. This will also be my first completely non-drinking brew day as I'm not drinking at the moment. The concequences worry me, but hopefully it will go well, I've been really excited about getting this beer out for spring time!

Matt

I'll be helping a friend buy his starter kit, and then we'll be brewing up a variation on Cheesefood's CVCA. I can't wait, I keep planning my recipe over and over and over!

If Fed Ex keeps it's word for Saturday delivery, then I will be brewing my first batch ever. It will be the Big River Brown Ale from midwest supplies. Should be pretty fun. I'm going to have a good friend over, and my father wanted to check it out as well. So Saturday will be full of brewing, hanging out, and drinking beers in the process.

I have a turkey frier, so we will be brewing outside. Seems like it's going to be an awesome Saturday for me!!

Saturday:
Transferring my IPA and Blackberry Sage Porter to secondary fermenter. Then heading out to the Cask Beer Festival! :rockin:

Sunday:
Heading over to "Get Your Brew On's" house to help bottle our Double IPA and transfer our Imperial Stout to secondary.

Brewing an APA tomorrow morning

90% Pale
5% 20L
5% Munich light

Perle and Cascade with Chico

Looks like the only thing brewing around here this weekend is going to be a massive hangover. I'm throwing a big-a$$ party tomorrow night. I got 4 kegs full of brew in my kegarator that I'm sure will be empty by the night's end. Woohoo!

Looks like the only thing brewing around here this weekend is going to be a massive hangover.

I don't get hangovers, I'm ususally just tired from staying out all night drinking. :D

Jamil's chocolate hazelnut porter with my brother. He has never done it before, so I am sure we'll make a trip to the shop after we brew :D

Nexus555 said:
If Fed Ex keeps it's word for Saturday delivery, then I will be brewing my first batch ever. It will be the Big River Brown Ale from midwest supplies. Should be pretty fun. I'm going to have a good friend over, and my father wanted to check it out as well. So Saturday will be full of brewing, hanging out, and drinking beers in the process.

I have a turkey frier, so we will be brewing outside. Seems like it's going to be an awesome Saturday for me!!

Awesome, good luck. I think I wrote in the other thread that I'll be brewing some kind of variation on Cheesefood's CVCA with a homebrew virgin. We'll also be picking up a starter kit for him at the LHBS. :rockin:

Gotta transfer the Pete's Wicked to secondary and then bottle the Rogue Mocha Porter but that won't happen until at least Wednesday.

Just got done with Walker's Gruagach 80/-. I haven't been this excitred for a beer to be done in a long time. I loved his--can't wait to have my own on tap, so it can be ALL MINE!!!

A little high on OG, but oh well. Had to use the back-up system because I'm an idiot--forgot how good of efficiency that system gets. :D

Nexus555 said:

Good luck bro... I just did my first batch 3 weeks ago!!!
Going to Keg batch #1 tomorrow, and brew batch #2... Diamond Knot IPA!!!

Should be a good day!!!

:mug:

Brewing batch #2 on Sun!! :rockin: An extract APA(DST APA). My Dad & little Bro are coming over to check out the process and enjoy a few of my first brews(Octoberfest). Good luck everyone and have a great weekend!! :D RR

I'll be kegging a porter today and making a 1968 London ESB starter for a slightly altered version of the Honker's Ale clone from Beer Captured I'm brewing tomorrow... and the weather here in KC just turned BEAUTIFUL!!! :mug:

I just got done bottling up my WLP029 Kolsch Yeast. I use Brewhead's method of making a huge starter, splitting off a bit for the batch and propagating the rest.

I then bottle it in 22 oz. Corona bottles, label it, and put it in the fridge till next time. I've done this successfully with Wyeast's Weihenstephaner and it really cuts down on the cost of those liquid yeasts. This way, I get four 1st generation starters from one tube/smackpack.

I'm kegging a Haus Pale and an Apfelwein later today and racking my Kolsch. I'll be brewing later this week.

Tonight I racked my bod clone from secondary into the kegs and the Old Speckled Hen clone into secondary. Tommorrow, I'm doing the Hobgoblin. This will be the 3rd generation on this 1098 cake, 30 gallons isn't too bad for 1 smack pack. My brew buddy is coming down and possibly another fellow brewer who's getting back into the game, can't wait. Hopefully pics to follow.

:tank:

Just bottling and transferring this weekend.
Fat Cat ESB -> bottles
BB Steam (w/ S-23) -> Secondary.

It was a very cold two weeks here. Inside temp was pretty
low where the beers age. Gravities were not as low as I had hoped,
but samples reveal everything tastes great:ban:

It is an hour lost tonight (DST), but worth it:cross:
-batch

Brewing this right now!!!!
Might be one WICKED Brown - possibly a stout of some kind

10lbs LME
1/2lb Crystal Malt 60
1/4lb Crystal Malt 120
1/2lb Chocolate Malt
1/2lb Roasted Barley
1/2lb Cara Pils
1/2lb Flaked Oats - Roasted
4oz cocoa powder last 10 minutes
2 Whole Vanilla Beans at knockout
(This would be a 60minute boil.)

Hops:

1oz Nugget (60min)
1oz Williamette (30min)
.5oz Williamette (10min)

Gruagach 80/- is going like a madman. I'm stuck at work and meant to take this out to the brewery (where it is cooler) to finish fermenting..the house was warm today. I want this puppy clean, but ferment temps are prolly at 70° or a little above right now. ERRRRR.

I might be bottling my porter today or tomorrow. I'm running out of time, and I need to get it to a drinkable state by the end of the month. It'll be a little green, and probably not clear, but it's REALLY dark, so I'm not worried about clarity. Beer farts, here I come!

My porter/stout is sitting pretty in the carbouy. No activity yet. Yeast pitched about 14 hours ago.

I HAVE HOPE THOUGH!!!!

There SHE BLOWS!!!! Been going strong since some time yesterday, mid-day!!!!
Smells GREAT!!! Just can't wait to taste it!!!!

I just finished dry hopping my IPA I racked 2 days ago.
This is the first time I didnt dry hop the same day I racked the beer
from the primary. (BP's suggestion)

1 oz hallertauer mittlefruh(flower)
1 oz crystal (plug)

Back