The Brewers Christmas Wish List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
My wife asked me what I wanted for christmas...immediately brewing tools/supplies came to mind. While numero uno on the list is a stainless steel conical fermenter or a stainless steel mash/lauter tun, it's probably a tad over our budget.

I've got the basics for extract brewing, but would like to move up to all grain. So what would your christmas list be for brewing tools/supplies be for items under $200, and (if possible) what stores would you recommend getting them from at the best price?

What do you have already?

I went to my lhbs and was talking with them about gift ideas. I came up with an idea that they adopted. A gift registry. Works just like a wedding or baby registry. Works great for secret santa and polyana's at work.

I just asked for a bulk bags of 2-row, munich and vienna. I hope I get one. I would go to austinhomebrew if I was buying, but the gift giver will likely go to the LHBS.

Probably buying myself (with x-mas money) a 30- or 40-plate chiller from KegCowboy when he gets them back in stock in a couple weeks. Pretty sure he said the prices are going to be about the same as they were before, meaning a bit more than $70 for a 30-plate money and around $90 for the 40-plate. Already have a pump to use it most effectively.

new socks from my Great Aunt...

I see Christmas gifts as wants and not "needs"....

I lucked out and already had a 8 gallon stainless pot

I asked for a Vinator and bottle tree... As from everything I've read once people have them they wish they had gotten them along time ago... & it's under $50

I got a simple keg system with some money last year. Probably one of the best investments I could make for homebrew. No more bottles or waiting on bottle conditioning, etc.

You can probably get everything you need to step up to all grain at Home Depot or Menards. Do some research on Coleman cooler conversion for all-grain.

I asked for a Vinator and bottle tree

Those 2 things are great for bottling. I use a spray bottle but I love my bottle tree.

My wife hates buying brewing stuff for me for holidays... So I bought myself a single tier stand with banjo burners and a tri-clover rims tube.
It will be the best Christmas ever!

I would like

a Mash Paddle
a 3g carboy
another 5g carboy
my baby to be born so i can have my drinking buddy back

i like small batches so SWMBO and i can brew more often with friends.

Honestly, I'd be happy if i got enough money to just get a better bottle, an airlock, a funnel, and some tubing for siphoning. I'm dirt poor and don't have ANY equipment yet. Oh, and some ingredients for a SMaSH brew.

Back