Bell's beer bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q2XL

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with re-using Bell's bottles for their brews?

What bottles have you guys had good luck with?

I have not had that issue. I mixed up some Oxy Clean in a big tub and let the bottles soak for a day or so. The labels just fell of the bottles I had.

I have not had that issue. I mixed up some Oxy Clean in a big tub and let the bottles soak for a day or so. The labels just fell of the bottles I had.

I have had similar success with them. I have about a case soaking right now and the labels are starting to come off on their own after 12 hrs.

I find their labels exceptionally easy to remove, a 10 min soak in hot oxyclean and they are floating. I use a lot of their bottles and they are fine, I have even bought cases of them from the homebrew shop a few times...they are like $4 for a case of 12.

Just as a side note along these lines, I go to the Dollar Store and get their no-name "Amazing Oxygen" cleaner. I use it judiciously for most of my cleaning (NOT sanitizing, but for removing labels and cleaning carboys) because it is cheap. $1.00 for a pound.

Back