My basement bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmmuellr

Reaction score
My basement finishing project has been going on for a LLOOONNNGGG time, and I'm finally nearing completion, so I thought I'd post up some pictures!

I basically started with bare walls. I framed some internal walls so I could start on some storage areas, then observed cracks for leaks, patched cracks, waited another year and a half or so. No leaks, so OK to put up exterior walls, drywall, paint, etc. Then summer happened, and I didn't do anything. Now I'm unemployed, so I figured I'd spend some money :)D) and get to finishing the basement. Its looking great and we're starting to use it. The "official" opening party is in a few weeks.

5 taps coming though the wall from a kegerator behind the wall (cooled w/ air blown through an insulated box). Halfwall bar and couch are looking at the 52 inch flat screen (still need to work on sound, video games, etc. AV stuff is not my strong suit!) Shelf under the mirror/"made in the USA" sign is from my wife's mother's barn that blew down a few years back. The farm has been in the family for 150 years or so. The free-standing bar was brought back from Mexico in the mid/late seventies by a friend of my father's (any guesses what kind of wood it is? I've had friends who are furniture makers look at it, and they have no idea.)

I'm working on a drip tray and chalkboard painted tap handles, and we'll be ready for the opening party!

Plan...
Basementdesign.jpg

In progress...
bar.jpg

99% done...
Couchandbarnoflash.jpg

Bar4.jpg

Barmirror.jpg

Bar1.jpg

Bar2.jpg

Nook1.jpg

We're looking forward to many years of enjoyment and entertaining down there!

Brewery will be in my work room on the other side of the bar wall where the kegerator is. I've set-up a utility area w/ a big mop-sink and workbench, and I'm going to set-up an all electric brewery.

Kevin

great job on everything Kevin. Looks incredible!

Yeah, where are the taps?? :mug:

Taps are coming through the wall to the left of the bar. Between the bar and half wall bar.
Bar1.jpg

K

Just used my new brew sink area tonight. Did a lot of cleaning of neglected equipment and got ready for tomorrows brew. Brewing will still be outside tomorrow, but this is where I'll be brewing in the near future. All electric! (still a lot of work to do for that though!)

Brewstation.jpg

Same El Mustee 24"x36" mop sink that Unholymess posted in 2010. It easily fits a half barrel keggle!

Kevin

Finally finished. I built lighted liquor shelves

barlightsdimmed.jpg

and added lights above the cabinets

IMG_5092.jpg

and here's the tap area. I need to work on threading the inserts in straighter!

beerserving.jpg

Good times were had by all at our bar opening party a few weekends ago!

Kevin

Back