Hello from CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thakoolaidkid

Reaction score
Good afternoon from CT!

I've been a reader of this forum for the last week or so and have decided to join since starting my first batch on Sunday afternoon.

I am currently brewing my first homebrew, a clone of Brooklyn Brown Ale, and have a few questions that I'm sure you all have had. I will most likely be in the Beginner forum asking later on.

But for now, hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give! :drunk:

Oh looks like I found the right place then. I was surprised to hear they're pretty much the biggest homebrew supply shop in CT. It's so close it's great. Just a heads up that they did move their location about a week ago. They are now in the ACE Hardware shopping center next to Senor Panchos, the new store looks great.

Oh looks like I found the right place then. I was surprised to hear they're pretty much the biggest homebrew supply shop in CT. It's so close it's great. Just a heads up that they did move their location about a week ago. They are now in the ACE Hardware shopping center next to Senor Panchos, the new store looks great.
Yeah, last time I was there a few weeks ago the old spot was in a shambles as they were in the process of moving. Good to know they finally moved.

They are big and extremely helpful, for the most part. There is a good place in Willimantic, can't recall the name offhand, if you're ever up that way. I stop in now and again because I spend a lot of time at UConn.

Hello from Trumbull.

Maltose is great. If you're lucky the puppy is running around... she's getting HUGE!

Nice people there, and always willing to help. We should get a big group of people and try and get some discounts from them :)

Nice to see more CT people here. I love their dogs, I was buying a big mixing spoon for my first batch and the puppy was all over me trying to get it like it was her bone. That discount idea sounds like a good idea, we just have to sell them on it. :)

Hello from Trumbull.

Maltose is great. If you're lucky the puppy is running around... she's getting HUGE!

Nice people there, and always willing to help. We should get a big group of people and try and get some discounts from them :)
I'm in for that. I've got two neighbors who frequent Maltose, too. :)

I have a lot of grain at the moment (crystal, black, chocolate) but I need a mill before I can use them...

We definitely should get a brewday going. Make them host it at maltose :)

Hi from West Hartford. I found this site a month or 2 ago and have posted in few of the other forums here, but not in the introductions (well, until now). I don't know any homebrewers in the area other than the owners of the homebrew shop in East Hartford. I'd been out of the hobby for about 8 years or so, until picking up the spoon a few months ago. I brewed an all-grain Fullers ESB clone last month and last weekend I brewed a porter.
Hey, do either of you guys know of a source to find some reasonably-priced corny kegs locally?

Welcome Pickngrin!

I have yet to find a local source for corny kegs, unfortunately. I picked 2 up from someone on the forums, but that's about it. It'd be great to find someplace with cheap kegs. There is a place in fairfield that sells used commercial kitchen equipment - I'm wondering if they might have something.

Yeah, I haven't really seen many kegs around. Although I have been mostly focused on bottles for the time being. If I see anything around I'll shoot you a message.

Thanks for the welcome...and for the lookout for cornies. Someone had emailed me through Craigslist saying he had cornies but I had to wait until he emptied them...I emailed him over a month later and he never replied...

Hey from Newtown!!! Good to see some fellow Connecticutians here...er, Is that even a word? Anyway I'll throw my hat in the ring for Maltose Express. They're great.

Alex

Just wanted to say hi from New Haven, If any of you are getting together for a brewday let me know. I am surprised there are so many of you so close. Keep in touch.

The Beer and Winemakers Warehouse in Hartford has a ton of kegs, but they're $30 to $40 bucks (more expensive ones are tested and cleaned). Don't go there for anything else though, the owner Adrian can be a jerk.

The Beer and Winemakers Warehouse in Hartford has a ton of kegs, but they're $30 to $40 bucks (more expensive ones are tested and cleaned). Don't go there for anything else though, the owner Adrian can be a jerk.

Thanks...I've heard that about him.

Hi from Redding! Most of you probably don't know where that is - Danbury area. I've been using Maltose for a couple months now... great people and great dogs!

Hi from Redding! Most of you probably don't know where that is - Danbury area. I've been using Maltose for a couple months now... great people and great dogs!
I know exactly where Redding is. My wife used to work with a couple of people who live there.
If you live there, you gots some $$$$$. :D

Back