Sierra Nevada - Tumbler brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saved half a case from last year to compare to this years! I put them in the fridge a few days ago so I can sample on tonight if you want to know how it aged!

Definitely! That would be cool to know.

0831112000.jpg

Here she is! Sorry I was too lazy to turn a light on :D

Poured with an amazing head. It is COMPLETELY different from last year.

The smoke is still there, but very very well blended into the flavors. The beer tastes like one of my mild ales when it began to degrade, but I actually really like this. It is EXACTLY like new castle now, but with a hint of smokiness blended in!

I really liked this alot last year this year i was disapointed,dont know whats up its just not the same.

my wife fav is newcastle. we also tryed the SN tumbler over the weekend.I have a feeling I will buying more cases soon since its seasonal.

The bottle I posted above was bottled on July 20, 2010. I have 11 more from last year so I will get my hands on a bottle of this years batch and do a side by side with better pics!

picked up the last 12-pak of tumbler to night brew date 9/09/11. prob the last one i will find this year till next fall. the wife wants to save 2 till next year to compair. but that wont happen.

The bottle I posted above was bottled on July 20, 2010. I have 11 more from last year so I will get my hands on a bottle of this years batch and do a side by side with better pics!

And the results?

Latest posts

Back