Anyone see the BS here in Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBHBeer

Reaction score
Check out this garbage

From the Statesman Journal:
BEND — The Oregon Liquor Control Commission’s new interpretation of an old law is placing restrictions on homemade beer and wine.
It effectively bans judged competitions and home-brewing club tasting nights.
At issue is a statute that forbids the production of alcoholic beverages by anyone not licensed by the commission.
But the law excludes “the making or keeping of naturally fermented wines and fruit juices or beer in the home, for home consumption and not for sale.”
The Oregon State Fair cites the new interpretation of the phrase “home consumption” for canceling this year’s beer and wine competitions
Read more: http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100711/UPDATE/100711013#ixzz0tRMJBuW2

Home brewers need an interest organization so they can fight this BS. Like the NAACP , but it would be the NAAHB. States make these laws, and we don't do anything but complain.

Yeah, can't wait for them to fix that law. I doubt it'll stop me from bringing my beer to other places. I almost dare them to arrest me for it.

Yeah, can't wait for them to fix that law. I doubt it'll stop me from bringing my beer to other places. I almost dare them to arrest me for it.

why, so you can go thru a mind-numbing headache of paperwork, fines, and court dates?

yeah i wish i got arrested more often too...

Just saw this, and posted yet another thread on it. Super lame. I've recently wanted to start entering competitions, and now I see this!

Look, guys, at this point it's getting worked on. It's a bummer for the rest of this year, but a group has been formed (Oregon Home Brewers Alliance) to get the law changed. We have a draft bill already, and several state legislators on our side. Even the OLCC has said they want to see the law changed! If you're interested in helping, keep an eye on the website at www.oregonhomebrewersalliance.org. We'll let you know when we have a good bill and who you can write to. The legislature doesn't reconvene until Jan. 2011, and we hope to get our bill introduced shortly after that.

This is the second thread im seeign for this and I don't even live in oregon and this pisses me off.

They will control everything soon enough including the beer we make at home! :mad:

Back