brewmometer alternative?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePonchoKid

Reaction score
Is there a good alternative to the brewometer that comes with the boilermaker? something I can fit flawlessly in the existing thermostat hole? preferably digital?

I don't like constantly tapping on the glass to be sure that my reading is close to accurate

The brewmometer has 1/4" NPT threads right? In that case, you can get the following from my store: CDN DTQ digital thermo, 1/4" Probe Compression fitting and then use your gaket/locknut off the brewmometer. You can see how the thermo goes into the fitting like this:

inlinetemp.png

The brewmometer has 1/4" NPT threads right? In that case, you can get the following from my store: CDN DTQ digital thermo, 1/4" Probe Compression fitting and then use your gaket/locknut off the brewmometer. You can see how the thermo goes into the fitting like this:

inlinetemp.png

I'll have to check for size. Booklet shows nothing.

Is that your creation?

I believe bobby is correct about the hole size but I would probably get the locknut and gasket from him too I think the blichmann one is designed just for the brewmometer. I've thought about doing this with a thermocouple with high temp wire to monitor temp on my dual temp gauge and will probably do so after I build a brew stand.

I haven't had any trouble with temp readings on the brewmometer though (unless you count post boil being lower than the probe when brewing a 5 gallon batch in the 15 gallon pot

I'll have to check for size. Booklet shows nothing.

Is that your creation?

That's a portable inline temp gauge that I used for monitoring the output of a manual HERMS that I sometimes us on my club's 100 gallon mash tun but I also use it for plate chiller output. I was mostly using the picture to illustrate how the compression fittings work well with digital probes.

They are on this page: http://brewhardware.com/fittings/125-probecompression

Back