Homebrewtalk Carboy Cleaner Giveaway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This contraption would greatly help my 3 year old boy clean the carboys more effectively. It would be hilarious watching him use this over the brush.

Look what i had to add to my crapy brush wand!! I started w/ cutting the top of the handel off, then had to re-bend the bottom. After a spin with the drill this week I could still see lines in the glass (not really clean after 10 mins of the drill). Then I added plastic scrubby pad to the end, my brother brewers still laughing at me. It felt like I was going to crack the neck of the carboy when I pulled my DIY special out. The Carboy Cleaners look like they put my DIY cleaner to shame, but can it really clean better than this???

One Liner: Why re-construct your crapy brush wand when you can get it done right with a real "Carboy Cleaner".

IMG_0402.JPG

I am a medical student with much to learn and little time to brew, and having a carboy cleaner would = shorter brew days = more time to study = a smarter future doctor to take care of YOU! (Surgeon general says I need a carboy cleaner for the good of your health)

My wife says I need to spend more time with her for some reason, but I need to clean my carboys. If I had a "Carboy Cleaner" I would no longer have to choose, I could do both. Please save my marriage, think of the children.

I get massive amounts of hop gunk in my carboys from using pellet hops with no bag!

You Know Youre a Homebrewer When....

"You spend all week thinking up a line for the Carboy Cleaner contest and Saturday gets planned around checking to see if you won."

I had a dream last night:

A young hero of the homebrewing order was walking through a forest of carboys; carboys in which this young hero fermented high gravity beers with nottingham yeast in. Oh the krausen, the dried krausen mocked him so. He would bravely taketh these carboys of glass to the faucet of flowing water and in the process nearly drop one. The young hero would sweat and sigh- knowing he was but inches from slicing his fingers off.

Once he fillithed the carboys with the sacred water he would add a big scoop of the mysterious powder of oxycleaness. The young hero would then raise his not so mighty weapon high into the air- the curved brush of krausen busting- and he would drive it deep into the filthy carboys. The brave hero would fight valiantly against the krausen- but alas that krausen was tough and would not give up easily.

After a long, back killing and tiring battle the krausen would have one last laugh! As the hero withdrew his weapon of necessity- not of choice- the carboy with sprayeth the hero with its caustic blood. The hero would curse and cry out- this blood would smell horrible and it would burn his eyes. Meanwhile his brush would dribble all over his kitchen floor.

Oh, there must be a better way!

I need this cleaner so that I can have more free time to drink more beer. That, and it would be really fun smacking my brewing buddies up side the head with it when wet.

I have no good reason to be chosen other than the fact that I have never won a price contest before. Maybe my luck will be better with this one but I somehow doubt it. Please prove me wrong.

to be less dependent on chemicals to clean my carboys and i know this product would be more thorough in cleaning any film/particles that are left behind.

I need one to get my wife off my rear-end about using her good dish cloths to clean my carboy

Back is aching hands are wet, gripping tight havent dropped it yet. Carboy brush and elbow grease, muscle man I am not. Oh boy a Carboy Cleaner would really HIT THE SPOT!:drunk::mug:

Guys you do not want one of these in your brewery arsenal. I bought one for carboys and I cleaned 12 carboys in less the an hour. Now I'm convinced that I can get a sank keg clean and I'm going to have to buy one for sank kegs.

The thing works to good, now I have to buy another one at 35 bucks, plus sank kegs to ferment in and keg with. Then I'll need keg couplers, after that I'll need a bigger brew rig. This can't be good, next thing you know I'll be quitting my crappy job and be brewing full time.

Seriously thanks for inventing something that makes my brew day easier, everyone should have one of these. It's the best 35 dollars I've spent in a long time.

Ever see a ship in a bottle?

How about a dog in a carboy?

Seriously, my little buddy's been stuck for 3 years now.

Winning a Carboy Cleaner may not be able to change the past, but it will definitely make cleaning up the poop a LOT easier. And simultaneously give him a few good smacks for doing it indoors (you really can't start getting lenient with that or they'll never stop).

Why the heck couldn't you have offered this product 3 years ago? Yeah, I'm blaming you. If only I could have had a Carboy Cleaner to use at the time, the poor little papillon puppy wouldn't be trapped in his glass prison. His 6.5L, poop-covered, glass prison. You may not be able to free him from the carboy, but you can definitely make his life a little less crappy.

I'd attach a current picture of the little guy, but let's just say that he's constantly repainting the walls of his new home a rather opaque shade of brown, and if I learned anything of value in The Men's Room, it's that nobody wants to see that... apparently, it's actually somewhat frowned upon here, and I don't want to let my puppy down by taking things too far.

So here's a picture from a happier time, 3 years ago to the day, mere weeks before the accident that changed my adorable Pappy's life forever:

ForumRunner_20111128_115638.jpg

Ironically (editor's note: not actually ironic), I was trying to use his ridiculous ears in much the same way that your device appears to work. Is it mere coincidence, or a matter of stolen technology? Come on guys, nobody wants a lawsuit...

So look at that picture and have your hearts absolutely torn apart by the guilt of knowing that you are fully responsible for turning my once-happy Pappy into a crappy papi. Assuming you have hearts, that is. I guess we'll find out on Friday, won't we?

I NEED a carboy cleaner, and I'll explain why.

I recently stepped up to 10 gallon batches. To accommodate the larger batch size, I'm using sanke kegs for fermenters. My problem is, they're hard to make sure they're 100% clean. If they're not 100% clean, then there could be some crazy, kookie, funky stuff lingering around. Not knowing about the crazy, kookie, funky stuff; I go ahead and add my sweet virgin wort to the fermenter. I let the beer ferment, with the crazy, kookie, funky stuff in it. I then share the beer with friends and co-workers at the firehouse (we don't drink at work, they take it home and drink it). Turns out, the crazy, kookie, funky stuff is the zombie virus. Now you've got zombie firefighters running around town, biting civilian, spreading the zombie virus. Soon, the zombie apocalypse spreads throughout the world...all because of that crazy, kookie, funky stuff that I didn't know about.

Wouldn't you like to advertise the fact that your company helped avoid the zombie apocalypse?? It'll practically be a licensee to print money at that point!

This week my good reason is Friday the second is my Birthday! I want to be so fresh and clean.

A carboy cleaner would sure help me avoid having to force my baby giraffe to stick his head in my carboy to lick it clean!

I just inherited all of my uncle's brewing gear, including two glass carboys, but he did not have any cleaning brushes!

Scrubbing carboys sucks, and swirling glass ones is dangerous. Soon to be kegger here, and the rotary cleaner seems to be a nifty little gizmo that would make my life easier. :mug:

My assistant brewer agrees that we should have one after I bonked him in the head cleaning the 6.5g glass carboy we were fermenting our pumpkin ale in last month... I told him if he actually took part in the cleaning then he wouldn't get bonked... Chicken or the Egg I suppose...

The cat would go absolutely nuts watching it spin around inside my carboys!

Lemme get one of those gizmo thingamajigs, it will ease the pain in my hands(Rheumatiod arthritis) not to mention the pain in my a$$:)

I have already dropped and broke one carboy and chipped a second one trying to clean the old fashion way. PLEASE CHOOSE ME!!!!

Would love to be privileged by winning something for once. Either way thank you

I would like a carboy cleaner because i brewed a pumpkin pale ale this holiday season and i think it took me as long to clean the carboy with a brush as it did to ferment to FG in primary!!

I recently admitted that I'm a clean freak and I'd like a way to physically clean my "new" secondhand carboy. Thanks you.

I need a carboy cleaner because of something I experienced tonight: after racking from a glass carboy to a bottling bucket, I found that the spice tincture I added to my imperial pumpkin ale had created a nasty ring around the top of the carboy, just below the curvature. Like the Cat in the Hat and his bathtub ring, I just could not get the stupid ring out of the carboy! I eventually bent a bottle brush to a 90-degree angle so I could just barely get some of the more more solid chunks of crud off, but am still going to soak it with OxyClean for a day or two just to get the rest of that junk off.

With a Carboy Cleaner, I could just whirr up my drill and blast the crud out of there - requiring only immediate cleaners, not long-soak cleaners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back