Seltzer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the carb needs to be higher. I think around 35. You will need longer lines too.

At least 35 psi, going to 45 won't be a bad idea. I run mine at 40 psi and have 20' of 3/16ths to the tap.

o! i guess that makes sense. so 30 feet of line.... then normal picnic tap, water co2 and thats it?

Yeah, that should do it.

I bought some cheaper line from Mcmaster-Carr. I think it was about $.15/foot. It's more rigid than regular beerline, but it's food safe and works great for soda. I assume it'd be great for seltzer, too, then. There isn't any taste at all in that line.

I think it was kal who first posted that info on the tubing from Mcmaster-Carr. I know that beerline at the homebrew store is outrageously expensive, when you're buying 30 feet of it! This other stuff is smaller OD, and it "rolls" up really well, so that you can just put a twisty tie on the excess and it's not taking up too much room. I'll see if I can find the link.

thanks! I just checked the McMaster Carr website... talk about daunting! any luck on a link? or info as to what is normal beer sized line?

Back