Burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
My burners on my BK and HLT RIMS build are offset (2 tier). I would rather not go through the trouble of erector setting alot of black pipe to reach each burner jet.

I looked around and found some propane flexible hose that has the 3/8" taper for the jet end and the appropriate MNPT end that goes into the black pipe for ~20.00 @ 2' length. I also found a regular household gas line, but do not know if they have the proper tapered end, or if they are even rated for propane.

Does anyone know or has anyone used this type of corrugated/flexible line for their high pressure propane burners......or does anyone have a link they can send me with lines they used?

Thanks for the time.:rockin:
Joe

My burners on my BK and HLT RIMS build are offset (2 tier). I would rather not go through the trouble of erector setting alot of black pipe to reach each burner jet.

I looked around and found some propane flexible hose that has the 3/8" taper for the jet end and the appropriate MNPT end that goes into the black pipe for ~20.00 @ 2' length. I also found a regular household gas line, but do not know if they have the proper tapered end, or if they are even rated for propane.

Does anyone know or has anyone used this type of corrugated/flexible line for their high pressure propane burners......or does anyone have a link they can send me with lines they used?

Thanks for the time.:rockin:
Joe

A member here Snake10 uses flexible lines......although I highly recommend copper for propane because it is easier to work with and cheaper. Propane does not have the sulphur content that natural gas does so it will not hurt copper pipe.

13215d1255494214-what-fitting-attach-burner-1-2-black-pipe-bh3.jpg

I used the yellow flex line for my propane gas log. I think it even came with one for the inside of the fireplace.

My yellow flex was from true value hardware. Its nothing more than gas flex line for a gas stove or dryer. It comes in any length you need. Plus the bonus was the fittings its comes with fit 1/2 black pipe, then one of the fittings comes apart and then fits your burner orifice. In my case a banjo burner. Take your fittings to the store and open the ziploc bag it comes in. I initially thought it was going to be a B----, fitting my system. Yellow flex was the answer plus it looks okay.. I would get it longer and loop it like I did.
Snake10

All sound like great ideas. I plan to mount ONE 1/2" black pipe about mid frame with two valves, one for each burner. The flexible lines will feed both burners as snakes design did. I think the yello lines might give it a cool look up against all the black and stainless. I'll check it for sure...Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back