Highlander Brewing Supply SS Kettles. Any Good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak on the quality of the welds - but the actual pots are the same pots even uses - Update International SPS-80 with the cladded bottom. As far as the pots - they are good quality pots. One thing to consider though - you can save yourself some money if you're willing to work a bit. The pots themselves can be had under 150 a piece. I just bought two 100 qt versions and they were even just about that price.

^^^ What he said. They are the Update International kettles also used with the MegaPots. Many people on here use them and like them. We used to stock them actually!

Thanks for the replies. I mainly prefer the idea that they have already been welded and have three ports so I wouldn't need to do much before brewing. I emailed about getting the false bottom in the kettle instead of the kettle screen and he said it was no problem. I haven't had trouble with a kettle screen in the past, but I want to use this as a kettle, and then eventually turn it into a mashtun or HLT when I get a slightly larger kettle. In the past (once I stopped doing stovetop extract) I had used keggles, but I am currently without homebrewing equipment and slowly building it back up. But I feel that my experience helps me to know what I want and I'd like to avoid any cheap purchases that I will upgrade within a few years.

Hopefully someone here has some experience with this vendor and could comment about the welds and the overall customer service. Cheers.

In which case - you're definitely better doing it on your own. Then you can set the ports exactly where you want them.

+1 on the vendor... I have one bk from spike and one from highlander and really like them both.

Back