3, 3 and 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider67

Reaction score
I have been reading and reading here for several weeks, Thanks for all the great info, pretty much got everything i need to brew, i bought a 10 gallon pot recently so i could full boil, i plan on doing a mini mash fat tire kit from AHB for my first brew.

my plan is to do the strike water in one 4 gallon pot (do to 10 gallon being to big to mash the grains), heat the sparge water in my other 3 gallon pot,
when im done soaking pour the wort in the big pot then pour the sparge water after tea bagging into the big pot top off to 6 gallon and boil. Will this be ok?
or is there a eaiser way

Thanks
Tim

That sounds like it would work. May be Easier if you just use your big pot to do the mash (using grain bag). Then remove and use water heated in one of your smaller pots to 'sparge'/rinse the grains over the 10 gallon pot. Only saves you having to wash one pot... Not a big deal.
Good choice w the 10 gallon boil kettle. Full boils are a lot nicer than how I started brewing - used a 4 gallon and 3 gallon and had to split my boil! Good luck!

I am thinking the op is concerned the 10 gallon pot might not be big enough for the grains and water.but I just bought a 10 gallon myself and there is room for both...

yes that was my concern, not enough room for the grain with the small amount of water for the mash, figured it would be a grain island in there

Sounds like it will work. As its been said above, you could do it all int the 10 gal pot, but that just saves you cleaning you 4 gal pot.

Should be fun! Welcome to the addiction!

Back