Austin Buffalo....Coincidence?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conan

Reaction score
Ordered up 2 AG kits from AHS on Friday, arrived last nite- great service, as usual. When I picked up the box, I noticed a drawing of what I thought at the time was just a hop and 2 mash paddles. Today, however, while enjoying some 6mo. old RyePA I've been stocking, I noticed what this drawing actually is. See the attached pic.

5986528804_c6981eaf46.jpg
[/url] DSC_8208 by kylejones69, on Flickr[/IMG]

Question is, why's it there? We've come up with these possible scenarios:
1) AHS is drawing beer-related things on all their boxes.
---seems like a ton of work.
2) Buffalos are rampant in Texas now, and this is becoming a sort of mascot for the store.
---again, seems like alot of drawing on boxes, cool as the logo is.
3) The employee which packed the box noticed my address is in Buffalo, NY, and decided to treat me with a very cool, very nicely done work of art.
---while I like this idea the most, it's quite self-serving.

Anyway, anyone else been so gifted lately? I find it spectacular- and just one more reason to order from these guys!

Kyle

This is actually pretty funny. I was searching around these forums today for things going on in/around Buffalo and I bumped into this thread, oddly enough containing a picture that I have on my phone.

My brother in law works at Austin Homebrew and he drew this. He's originally from Buffalo and is a huge Sabres fan.

Every once and a while the workers do artwork on boxes. If you check out their Facebook page, the have some pics of other ones they've done.

Snooky, sincerely thank him for me- I was really thrilled to see it! And it's great artwork, I ended up digitizing it with Illustrator. I'd be happy to send a copy along. I'd like to give proper credit where it'd due, too. What's his name? Awesome to get this connection. Kyle

I requested a drawing on one shipment... didn't get it, but did get a note that said "during times of high demand, we're not able to fulfil requests for artowrk on boxes, but feel free to request again in the future!" or something to that effect. :D

Austin Homebrew Supply is awesome. They have great customer service, they're quick and they're decently priced. I'll definitely buy from them in the future.

Kyle,

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I don't work in the shipping department but I happened to see come across your order and I couldn't resist. I based it on the shape of the Sabres logo.

My wife and I moved from Buffalo to Austin just about a year ago now.

We here at AHS try to go one step further for our customers and if it's something as simple as a drawing on a box than were glad to help. November and december are extemely busy months for us. Unfortunatley that means it isn't possible to take the time to do the drawings. We have to concentrate on processing the high volume of orders we receive so that our customers receive them in a timely manner.

Thank you for choosing us as your homebrew supplier.

Cheers,
Jay

This is one of the greatest things i have ever seen. Being from Buffalo makes this that much more awesome. Seeing this is going to have me looking at AHS even more. Great Job, I love when businesses go that extra mile!

6510843687_0d8f6c3c1d.jpg

Here's the digitized, hop-buffalo logo for my brewery....much cooler than the turdly platypus I had before. We should all be so lucky! Kyle

Back