Taprite Dual Body Regulator Check Valve Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xinunix

Reaction score
I just ordered this Dual Body Taprite Regulator from KegConnection, does anyone know if the barbed check valves pictured here are 5/16?

After reading a few things it just dawned on me that I probably should have checked, however I did not see a way to specify a preference when I placed the order so I am assuming I will get whatever they put on by default. My gas line is 5/16 ID. It has already shipped, just wondering if I need to go ahead and go to my LHBS to get something to let me go from 5/16 to 1/4 without leaks... :(

Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I would be interested in what you think about the regulator once you receive it.

I'm thinking about buying that same unit and using one output to run beers and the other to run seltzer/sodas.

Also, is there an advantage to the 5/16" vs. the 1/4" gas line?

I've got the same one and I used 5/16" ID gas line. I think you'll be fine. You can give them a call and I'm sure they'd be able to tell you.

I just callipered it, and the large part of the barb is just under 3/8".

I've got 2 taprite regulators from kegconnection with the 5/16 barb. I was able to use the 1/4 inch gas line, by heating the line in boiling water and using starsan as a lube. Took a little effort but got it all the way on. Fiqured it is no different than using 3/16 liquid line on 1/4 barb on the disconnect.

Yes I believe they are 5/16ths. You can heat the line as dobeluvr says, and it goes on super easy.

Tincob, I have one, it works great. No, there is no difference between 5/16ths and 1/4", except for about 1/16" ;-).

Back