Tonights Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
So I went to the LHBS tonight to pick up the grains for my first AG-Nut Brown. While I was debating whether organic "rolled" oats and "flaked oats" were the same thing (can anyone answer this?) I came across the beer section. (Yes my LHBS also sells beer). Myself and the girlfriend ended up with:

Victory Prima-pils, Hop Wallop and Golden Monkey
SN Torpedo
Sam Smith's Oatmeal stout (she picked that out but I'm definitely trying it :D)
Weyerbacher Winter Ale

Never tried any of these so I'm excited.

They also carry Chimay Cinq-cents, Allagash Dubbel, tripel and cask reserve, weihenstephaner, and a slew of Stone. Whats the difference betrween Stone's IPA and Ruination by the way?

. Whats the difference betrween Stone's IPA and Ruination by the way?

Honestly, I don't remember if I've had regular stone IPA or not. Ruination on the other hand is one of my favorite IIPA's of all times. It's like a golden, hoppy and everlasting orgasm in your mouth.

Stone's IPA is a decent IPA (others swear by it,) Ruination is a IIPA that will destroy your ability to taste anything for weeks to come. It's amazing.

man, I'll hafta pick one up. I got a Bells Two hearted clone in the fermentor right now, so I'm doing some IPA "research."

I dono I was reading a couple posts I searched earlier and it seemed to be that as long as they were wetted before rolling they are okay and dont need to be cooked. Old fashioned oats are an example of what you cant use. This is what I gleaned, could be wrong.

Back