What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
I have a 2010 I picked up in September. Probably going to open it soon.

I think I need to go buy a bomber of the 2010 helles from the corner store....

Is that the same as the one I see in the six packs with the black label and hops for a background? I tried that a long time ago and like it a lot. That one you have there looks like it's something special.

Limited, Unfiltered Double Simcoe. Bit more of a hop showcase this way. Got this from a buddy in PA for Xmas along with the glassware. Best part is even though I poured two, only one guy drank 'em. :tank:

Nice! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. All I've seen around here is the regular Double Simcoe.

Think PINE. Like intense artificial pine. That's the aroma. The flavor is super complex, hops, fruit, caramel, toasted bread, bitter citrus fruit and more hops. It's a really deep beer, as it warms, it's just phenomenal. One of the better DIPAs I've had.

Mmm.... Firestone

image-2351523518.jpg

Sierra Nevada pale ale. Apparently it's bottle conditioned. I'm thinking about trying to harvest some yeast just for fun. I recently built a stir plate and got an Erlenmeyer flask. Might be fun to test it out

image-2781430532.jpg

Think PINE. Like intense artificial pine. That's the aroma. The flavor is super complex, hops, fruit, caramel, toasted bread, bitter citrus fruit and more hops. It's a really deep beer, as it warms, it's just phenomenal. One of the better DIPAs I've had.

Is it OK for me to freak out like a school girl about to meet Justin Beiber now?

My Belma Blonde, it's becoming quite quaffable.

And the real reason I posted:

You, sir (or maam), are my newest hero.

Ima dude. Glad to see another Shel Silverstein fan on HBT I was starting to think I was alone on that one!! FWIW, your the first person I know thats caught the reference, you kick ass :rockin:

Just finished reviewing the Jose Marti Robustly Hopped American Porter from Cigar City and Im about done with the beer. Now to find another beer to review....

Sierra Nevada pale ale. Apparently it's bottle conditioned. I'm thinking about trying to harvest some yeast just for fun. I recently built a stir plate and got an Erlenmeyer flask. Might be fun to test it out

Yea I think many people overlook that. I know I did for a while before I noticed. I think its the same strain as US05 though(someone correct me if Im wrong).... so bottle harvesting might be pointless other than for the sake of doing so.

Is it OK for me to freak out like a school girl about to meet Justin Beiber now?

Ummmmm.............. :confused:

No, really, I kinda did the same thing when I started drinking this 750. Now that I'm nearly done, I'm beginning to reach the plane that BottleBomber's on. :tank:

Yea I think many people overlook that. I know I did for a while before I noticed. I think its the same strain as US05 though(someone correct me if Im wrong).... so bottle harvesting might be pointless other than for the sake of doing so.

And you sir are correct. D@mn you for pooping on my parade of telling him it was a waste of time. I'd rather save the DME and pay $3 for a fresh packet.

KeyWestBrewing said:

Yeah, I know it's cheap/readily available yeast. I'd like to do it just for the experience of doing it.

Still haven't been able to bring myself to pay $24 for a 4-pack. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas present to myself. Come to think of it, that's only $6 per 12 oz and I've paid way more than that for DFH 120. Picking it up tomorrow.

Whoa dude, WHAT?! $24 for a 4pk! They were $14-15 here, single bottles on the mix n match were ~$6. Get you some, it's some good $hit, and with the owner of GI stepping down and AB-InBev taking over, BCBS may not be the same in the future. I know, I know, the sky is NOT falling, but still...... :mug:

Crooked tree IPA

Found a nice German bar with a hell of a tap selection....
Arrogant bastard
2 hearted
Left hand milk stout on nitro
Dead guy
And more German beers than you can shake a stick at-----heavan

image-472776849.jpg

My double black whiskey stout is 1 year (in the bottles, 18 months from pitch day to now) old today. Even better than ever. Only a few bottles of this bad boy left though.

ForumRunner_20121215_142146.jpg

Incidentally my phone attached images upside down. The world's first gravity defying stout.

My double black whiskey stout is 1 year (in the bottles, 18 months from pitch day to now) old today. Even better than ever. Only a few bottles of this bad boy left though.

View attachment 88634

Incidentally my phone attached images upside down. The world's first gravity defying stout.

I have had some thick beers before but that takes the cake.

We don't have central heating and it's a bit cold outside and in the house today. I'm working on a homework assignment for this online course I'm taking and sipping on a hot alcoholic beverage to keep myself warm, instead of the usual beer or mead.

Cayenne-spiced hot cocoa with Bailey's.

ForumRunner_20121215_163354.png

Back