First SOLO AG Time!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicktoney

Reaction score
Well, after brewing with a friend for over a year, its time to do it by myself with my own equipment! I just ordered my ingredients from brewmasterswarehouse so, whenever it arrives, ill be ready!! Figured since ill be going into it solo, ill start with the Centennial Blonde recipe on here. Looks hard to mess up! :ban: Maybe this time, i wont be too :tank: to remember to get gravity readings! Any tips for holding down the fort alone?

I like having other brewers to talk to and share ideas with but I actually prefer brewing solo. When you're on your own just make the best use of your time during temp rests and boiling in between additions. Other than that good luck and hope your brew day goes smooth.

One more thing. I like to write out my plan for the day outlining temps, rest times, amounts of additions, even all the way down to whirl pooling and siphoning. Helps me make sure I don't forget anything and I can look ahead on the schedule and know what to prepare for next.

remember what you've seen/done before, take it easy. I go over my numbers the night before, say out loud my entire process while I'm sanitizing in the morning. Once I hit my mash temp and get the grains a-mashin' I open a homebrew from the previous batch. I keep detailed notes of times and temps and everything I've done so /if/ something goes wrong I can try to find it.

You got this. Cheers!

pre heat your mash tun. just done my first all grain this weekend and forgot to. but the next day when i brewed i remembered.

Back