Group Buy NYC Metro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepitcold

Reaction score
THIS BUY IS NOW CLOSED.
UPDATE 1/26/12:THE ORDER IS OUT AND WILL ARRIVE TUESDAY AFTERNOON AT BITTER AND ESTERS.HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahk61hAJJeTXdDh5TXZmcWY3UTBCVEtlN2EydWNZTVE

This is the first round Group buy for the NYC metro area. The delivery will be made to Prospect heights Brooklyn at bitters and esters. There is a 42 Bag limit for the pallet. I'm also going to be taking orders from the Homebrew club I am a part of. Subscribe for updates as bag count may add up quick. I will get a quote at the end of the buy and send everyone a bill of sorts. Prices are based of 2,000> bracket and Delivery charge will be per bag. If you have any questions just post em here and I will try my best to get to everyone.

Here is a link to the catalog.
The Country Malt Group - Contact Us

Password is greatmalt.

Here is what we have so far:
PAID- Jon_TWR 1xCM-PALE 1xCM-MUNH 1xCM-RYEM 1xTF-MOPA 1xCM-WHET 1/3xTF-OATM
PAID-keepitcold 1xBZ-PILS 1xTF-GPRM 1xBZ-WHET 1/2xBZ-MUNH 1/3xTF-OATM
PAID-KeithK 1xCM-SPIL 1xCM-2ROW 1xCM-WHET
PAID-fl93 2xCM-2ROW
PAID-MaltMaster 3xGW-2ROW
PAID-BrokenBow 2xTF-LAGR 2xGW-PALE 1xGP-FLWHET 1xBZ-VIEN 1xBD-CR55 1xCM-WHET 1xBD-PILS 1xGB-MUNH10 1/3xTF-OATM
PAID-SeanGC 1xTF-MOPA 1xTF-GPRM
Sebas83 1x FB-PILS 1/2xBZ-MUNH
PAID-JahilM 1xTF-MOPA 1xFBPILS
PAID-PatrickF 1xGW-2ROW 1xFBPILS
PAID-SeanS 1xGW2ROW 1xGWPALE

I'm very interested. I'll take a look at the PDF and get back to you.

Where in Brooklyn will delivery be?

Count me in for 10 bags, if that isn't taking too much of the pallet space. Let me know if that's cool and I'll let you know which I'd like.

Is this planned to be a recurring thing? I currently deal with the South Jersey buy and would be very interested in switching to this one if it works out. Does someone have an existing account with Country Malt and do you have a commercial location for delivery? It is my understanding that they are no longer taking new accounts and tack on a hefty for for non-commercial delivery.

Is this planned to be a recurring thing? I currently deal with the South Jersey buy and would be very interested in switching to this one if it works out. Does someone have an existing account with Country Malt and do you have a commercial location for delivery? It is my understanding that they are no longer taking new accounts and tack on a hefty for for non-commercial delivery.

I do have someone who has an account in Brooklyn who has agreed to the group buy as far as recurring, I haven't talked about it with the person but I don't see why not.(sorry if I'm being vague about the person with the account. he didn't want me to reveal his identity)

That's fine, I'm not looking to for financials or anything ;)

It's just that things have been running smoothly for my group of friends here on SI since we've been putting our orders in with the Jersey crowd. It's just a LOOONG drive, and since I work in Brooklyn your idea sounds promising. Other attempts at getting a NYC/North Jersey order going have never really taken off.

Did you look into the drop-off requirements? I'm fairly certain that without a commercial location with a forklift/hi-Lo, Country Malt's delivery company adds a hefty fee.

That's fine, I'm not looking to for financials or anything ;)

It's just that things have been running smoothly for my group of friends here on SI since we've been putting our orders in with the Jersey crowd. It's just a LOOONG drive, and since I work in Brooklyn your idea sounds promising. Other attempts at getting a NYC/North Jersey order going have never really taken off.

Did you look into the drop-off requirements? I'm fairly certain that without a commercial location with a forklift/hi-Lo, Country Malt's delivery company adds a hefty fee.

All taken care off. Im pretty sure there is enough interest in this group buy. I posted this to the nyc hombrewers guild email and got some good feedback. A couple of people were happy I said something. They wanted to do it but thought there was no interest. I think over the next couple days well see how it picks up. I pretty confident we can get a pallet filled but the end of the month

Awesome. If you're looking to continue to promote this here, I recommend checking out the Jersey threads for inspiration. Lodura manages to keep his buys very well organized.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/south-jersey-philly-group-buy-round-25-a-290621/

I'll put the word out to my guys to see what they need. We're usually good for a few bags a month, although we did just get in on the last South buy.

I would be in for 5 sacks, one each of the following:

5323 - Briess Wheat Malt, Red
CM-PALE - CMC Superior Pale Ale
CM-MUNH - CMC Munich
CM-RYEM - CMC Rye Malt
TF-MOPA - Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter

Let me know if you need any more info from me. :)

I've heard that Briess Grains may not be available. In that case, swap out the sack of 5323 - Briess Wheat Malt, Red for a sack of CM-WHET - CMC Wheat Malt.

Thanks!

Please put me down for 3 bags of Briess 2-row. If there turns out to be a problem with Briess let me know and I will choose another brand, but please hold my spot for 3 bags.

is Briess not available? and when is the deadline for the order?

Please put me down for 3 bags of Briess 2-row. If there turns out to be a problem with Briess let me know and I will choose another brand, but please hold my spot for 3 bags.

I was told that it is not available. The deadline is gonna be when it fills up, but I would like to get this order in as ASAP.

Okay, so after consulting with my Brooklyn brewing buddies, if Briess is not available, we'll take 3 bags of Great Western Premium 2-row (GW-2ROW).

Thanks.

Alright, I may have to modify later on, but will likely go with:

2 TF LAGR - Thoms Fawcett Lager
2 GW PALE - GW Pale
1 GP FLWHT - Gilbertson & Page Flaked Wheat
1 BZ VIEN - Best Vienna
1 BD CR55 - Baird Brystal
1 CM WHET -Canadian Wheat
1 BD PILS - Bairds Pilsen
1 GB MUNH10 - Gambrinus Mun Light

put me in for 1 TF-MOPA (Marris Otter) and 1 TF-GPRM (Golden Promise) for the time being until I decide on a 2-row or until the list fills up. I am definitely getting MO and GP tho.

Anybody want to go half in on a bag of OAT MALT?
Even half a bag of OAT MALT seems like a lot. I'd consider it, but I'd feel better about it if 1-2 other people wanted to go in on it as well.

Edit: But I could probably be convinced to go in for half of it if nobody else steps up. ;)

So I got your PM about sending my payment. Any update on when the order will arrive? Also, is Bitter and Esters the confirmed delivery location?

Thanks.

MaltMonster said:
So I got your PM about sending my payment. Any update on when the order will arrive? Also, is Bitter and Esters the confirmed delivery location?

Thanks.

Bitter and ester is the place. The order will be placed when all the.money is.in the PayPal account. The sooner everyone pays the faster. the lastest I.see it being delivered is monday

Back