Chocolate apple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmate

Reaction score
Before you all condemn me to hell, I already had all the supplies (store bought juice, nothing fancy).

I racked my cocoa and vanilla mead over to a secondary today and it left a whole lot of trub at the bottom of the primary fermenter. It was mostly cocoa which had fallen out of solution. Pitched onto 3/4 gal of clear juice with 1/4 cloudy cider (I find this ratio gives a good body, more like a pressed juice).

Don't really care if this turns out terrible, it cost me about 50c a litre. I'll ferment dry and backsweeten with either honey or caramelised sugar.

I'll keep you posted, happy brewing :mug:

I racked my cocoa and vanilla mead over to a secondary today and it left a whole lot of trub at the bottom of the primary fermenter. It was mostly cocoa which had fallen out of solution. Pitched onto 3/4 gal of clear juice with 1/4 cloudy cider (I find this ratio gives a good body, more like a pressed juice).

why not, really.

Bubbling like a maniac this morning, smells delicious. Smells like a creamy chocolatey apple juice. Should be interesting!

Think I have made my first dumper. Muddy-brown colour. Taste is horrific, almost made me gag. Doubtful that time will heal my sins. I guess this is karma for wasting perfectly fine apple juice :(

A cider-mead is called a cyser, but no i used the trub left over from my cocao and vanilla mead! I wish this came out nicer :(

Latest posts

Back