Black rubber on keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wegz15

Reaction score
So... Everytime I handle my kegs I get black rubber stuff on my hands. Is there any way to get the rubber to stop coming off on my hands? Not sure what I would search for on google or the threads. Any help would be appreciated.

I know you're troubles, but have yet to find a cure . I just bought a cheap rug to keep in the kitchen when I sanitize or rack.

I hit mine with oxyclean and it cleaned the top of the kegs right up. I'm not worried about the bottoms because I don't see those that much.

armorall works pretty good, its not magic but it helps a lot
I just used the tire shine stuff and it helped a lot with the decaying rubber.
I still get some marks but no where near as many as before.

When I first get mine, I soak them in PBW, and scrub the black rubber handles till they stop turning the rag black. Works for me.

Armour all sounds like a horrible idea, no offence to anyone. That stuff is slippery goop, why would you want it all over your keg? I've found that after several cleanings, the black doesn't come off anymore.

Armour all sounds like a horrible idea, no offence to anyone. That stuff is slippery goop, why would you want it all over your keg? I've found that after several cleanings, the black doesn't come off anymore.

Most of those products are just mineral oil with UV stabilizers.

Back