Favorite Time Of Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Is Your Favorite Time Of Day To Brew?

• Early in the morning (up with the sun)

• Midday (10am or thereabouts)

• Afternoon (lunch first, then brew)

• Evening (after dinner)

• Overnight (night-owl brewing)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
When is your favorite time of the day to brew. I'm beginning to really enjoy brewing early on a Saturday morning. By early, I mean up with the sun and mashing by ~7am.

Yeah, same here if I can get up then and get rolling. Usually though, out of necessity it can really vary. Sometimes it is a late Friday night, which isn't too bad either imo.

By necessity, I brew in the mornings. If I'm desperate, I'll brew in the evenings after the kids are in bed, but it makes for a late night.

I'm not a morning person, but I do enjoy brewing at about 8 am. I make some coffee, and eat breakfast while steeping my grains. Good times! Very Zen!:mug:

I usually start around 9-10 on the weekends although since I took the jump to AG I've been thinking of starting earlier. I just like being able to be finished in time for football/racing/baseball whatever on the weekends.

"I used to Brew Beer. But I'll tell you something: I would only brew it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening. Or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning ... But never at dusk. Never at dusk!"

-Apologies to Steve Martin

I have brewed at dusk BTW.

I'm definitely a morning brewer. If I finish by 2pm, then I feel like I've gotten so much accomplished that I can just watch TV on the couch or whatever for the rest of the day. Or drink and fall asleep on the couch, that works too.

I'm a midday / afternoon guy if I can do it. Sometimes I do evenings, but I try not to make a habit of it.

mid day here ... get some coffee Check HBT......... see S.O. of to work and start brewing and RDWAHAHB... atleast it gets me close to noon!

Definitely first thing in the morning. I love getting it knocked out early; it gives me a real sense of accomplishment for the day. I'm usually done sometime between 10am and noon. Bottling, however, I prefer to do in the evening (early, mid, or late ;)).

I like to brew sometime after breakfast, when the boy (2yr old) is ready to play by himself & gives me some time. It's not as hard to brew now that he's two as it was when he was younger and he wanted to touch & chew anything that was sanitized. Now he helps me stir the wort every now and then before returning to The Wiggle or some other show. Oh, BTW I'm a "Mr. Mom" so I have the fortune of brewing midweek if I want :D

I like midday, right around lunch time. Since I'm not doing AG batches, I don't need more than about 3 to 3.5 hrs to do the whole thing start to finish (including cleanup), so I don't need to be up at the buttcrack of dawn to brew. Plus I gotta drink a few while brewing. :)

I've always been an early riser. Even as a kid I remember waiting around for the other kids to get up. I usually brew my beers EARLY in the morning and I'm done before the household wakes up.

Almost always get started mid-morning. No rush getting set up, no rush on the finish. If I'm doing a big AG, I'll start earlier.

I'm an early riser, SWMBO isn't. Our son likes to get up around 7:00am, which is fine except that SWMBO wants to stay sleeping so I have to watch the boy. I wish she'd get off her butt and watch him so I can have time to brew, but I've yet to make my point clear on that.

I'm not a morning person at all. By the time I have had enough coffee and sit around time, it's around 10 AM. Still, I'm usually done in time to make dinner or at least make dinner during the boil. I have wort chilling during dinner, usually, though!

Hmm, didn't read into why the "Favorite Time of the Day" poll, just picked my two favorite times of the day. Early in the morning as that's when I do my best thinking and I'm more focused. I just so happen to brew at the crack of dawn as well.

My other choice was after dinner. Not for brewing; but thinking can be put on hold and drinking can commence.

Whenever I can. Last time I brewed I was off work sick (sickie, but keep that quiet!). House to myself so...

Would love to be able to get up early and do it but have so much work on house to do that this is not an option just now. cannot wait until house finished, over it now.

on a lighter note, brother in law said I could have his HB kit last night :)

I like getting up at 5am and being done before lunch. Still got half my day ahead of me. Either that, or take a half-day friday and start brewing at lunchtime.

I love to brew early in the morning, its so peacefull, and you can hear the birds etc outside starting to wake up. Its the middle of summer in Aus, so its lobely to be able to brew while the sun is coming up. Plus you feel like you have acomplished so much more. It is just so peaceful!

I'm not a morning person, but if I have a weekday off, I like to start right away in the morning after the kids get on the bus, around 7:30 or so. Otherwise it usually doesn't happen till 10:00

Back