Which Brewing software do you use???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepystevenson

Reaction score
Didn't really know where to put this thread...I guess this makes the most sense.

I really need to get some brewing software. Just thought I would ask everyone their opinion. What do you use and why? Beersmith, Promash, Others?

I thought someone said that one of these softwares easily does conversions back and forth between extract and AG, whereas others require the user to play with the numbers to get the conversion to come out "equivalent". Can someone clarify which softwared does the conversions. Also, do they all convert or I guess properly calculate for partial boils and/or late DME/LME additions?

BeerSmith. Because it runs under WINE on Linux well. Most features work, and there is a good workaround for the one that doesn't.

QBrew just doesn't have the feature set needed for me. Mostly missing mash calculations (water volume, temp, sparging). But open source and free is always nice.

Back