Beer 2 and 3 done! PICS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pirate252

Reaction score
Heres a pic of our second and third brews, an American pale ale and a Irish Red. This is after 3 weeks in the fermenter, and about 12 days in the bottle. They taste AWESOME!

Let me know what you think
beerrs5.jpg

Yeah, we try to do a light easy drinker, and a stouter fuller bodied one, that we we seem to always have something we are in the mood for :D

Thanks for the comments, and yeah I love the glasses too, found them at Ross actually hanging around for my girlfriend to try on some clothes lol

O and I almost forgot, we dry hopped the pale with 1 oz of tettenager (however you spell it) They didnt come out fully at the week mark, but now on day 12 they are defiantly there, SO DELICIOUS!

Yeah, thanks a lot, we are really happy with them. And yeah the head is HUGE, I didnt even get a chance to pour down the middle, that whole pour on both was at a 45 degree pour! I was kinda surprised because at day 10 they didnt do that lol.

But thanks again for the comments, we are getting better and better at this, we have another pale and a holiday ale in the primaries right now, and yes I know its late for a holiday, but I was trying to make something similar to Sam Adams Winter Lager, except in an ale form because they dont sell it anymore and I love it!

So I am really looking forward to those, and one of the next ones on the list is a blackberry hef, really excited to have one of those when they are done sometime in the early summer :D

Here is another pic of the head from above, it looks just like the pros to me :D

beer2cy0.jpg

pirate, do you use a bottling bucket with sugar mix (approx 3/4 cup or 5 gallons) or did you put sugar in each individual bottle. the reason for the question is that my first beer was a nut brown and it carbonate great, my second was a honey brown and after 2.5 wks in bottle not much carbonation??? what were you temps during bottling??

I used corn sugar on these, and I did it by weight, about 4 oz for both, put a tad bit more in the pale because we wanted it a little more fizzy, probably about 4.3 oz or so.

Boiled it up and poured it in the bottling bucket, then let excess siphon hose make a circle thing at the bottom so that when the siphon went it would swirl the mixture by itself without disturbing it to much and mixing air in.

I kept the bottle in the mid 70's for about 8 days, sampled every few days to determine when they were carbonated to what I wanted them to be, then moved them to the low 60's.

Also keep in mind, CO2 absorbs better into liquid at lower temps, so I think the reason mine was so different between when I put them into the low 60's temp was from it being in a colder enviroment and more co2 was absorbed instead of vented out when the lid was popped, just my theory though...

I am still a novice, but I wouldn't recommend putting sugar in each individual bottle, that sounds scary...

Thanks! Its awesome hearing these comments from all you guys that are the ones answering all my questions and the board mods and stuff, just awesome to hear comments regarding my stuff from people that really know what there doing!

pirate252 said:
Thanks! Its awesome hearing these comments from all you guys that are the ones answering all my questions and the board mods and stuff, just awesome to hear comments regarding my stuff from people that really know what there doing!

Send me a case or so of each and I'll be glad to tell you how good they taste, too! :rockin:

Ha, if I had enough I would sure consider it, giving it away to friends depletes the supply fast enough as it is, even doing 2 5 gallon batches at a time I cant seem to make enough... Next step it to get 2 6.5 gallons and make them primaries and use these 2 5 gallons as secondaries so I can do 10 gallons every 1 to 2 weeks or so instead of every 3 to 4. O and another brewpot :D

Well done! How deep is the red in your Irish red? I added a little too much roasted barley to mine and it seems like it's going to be closer to a stout color-wise.

Beersmith says 24 SRM, looks about correct to me. It was a kit from morebeer, so I added what they gave me :D theres 2oz of 500SRM Black Patent and 2 oz of Special B in there, and it used a pound of 120L, so its pretty dark.

I shown a light through it onto my hand and the light was this awesome red color, very rich dark red.

Awesome looking brews. Nothing beats good head...beer head that is...

Judging by your signature, I'd say you've fallen for this "hobby" full tilt. ;)

Two fresh batches and three full primaries...I'll expect an invitation to your house soon. :p

Latest posts

Back