I've found it..I've found the Holy Grail!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panzermann

Reaction score
After 3 Liquor Stores and about a 10 minute wait as they searched through the back of the store. It was bestowed upon me and here it is

*Queue Heavenly music*

DSCN1887.jpg

:p :p :p

$10.59 each

A whopping $68.78 :cross:

A few are for a friend so it's all good. I can't bring myself to try one right now. They are too sacred (beer term for "expensive").

you were not going to quite till you had these in your possession...huh?

I'm going to beer store tomorrow for the 60 & 90...we'll see if they have any of these? They have a really good inventory from around the world...like 3 coolers for america...2 or 3 from belgium...something like 38 or 40 coolers all together.

what ABV are they?

you were not going to quite till you had these in your possession...huh?

I'm going to beer store tomorrow for the 60 & 90...we'll see if they have any of these? They have a really good inventory from around the world...like 3 coolers for america...2 or 3 from belgium...something like 38 or 40 coolers all together.

what ABV are they?

20% :rockin:

One must never stray from the path of destiny...so I continued on the path and have now fulfilled my destiny as shown above. haha

Best of luck to you. This beer was once my grail as well. Hopefully you enjoy it more than I did. :mug:

So was I Lancelot or some thing, OB? ;)

Yeah, I would have shelled out the $10.59 once to make sure I liked it first. Hope you're not expecting hops, btw...

I had my first one a couple weeks ago along with a DFH world wide stout(18% i think). Both excellent, i was so amazed that the alcohol taste was so restrained.

This all makes me think I have to take more advantage of my close proximity (1/2 hour) to the brewery and DFH pub. :cross:

This all makes me think I have to take more advantage of my close proximity (1/2 hour) to the brewery and DFH pub. :cross:

You go to hell sir. haha

I would try to work there if I were close. What is the prices like being so close? Any different?

Ya, 120 is expensive, when I see it in the bigger bottles I will buy it.

You gotta remember though, it is 20% ABV and if you can drink alot of this you might technically be considered an alcoholic. haha I hear you though, I at first assumed them to be in big bottles when I heard they were around $10 a bottle.

Not sure what the prices on the 120 are. Usually just buy by the pint at the pub. I'll have to make more of a point to get down there and try all the possibilities.

No, give the entire six pack to someone you don't like, who knows nothing of this beer, claiming you want to make amends, then do your best to make sure that he drinks the whole six pack (maybe help him with one) in one evening. He wont even remember you were there.

No, give the entire six pack to someone you don't like, who knows nothing of this beer, claiming you want to make amends, then do your best to make sure that he drinks the whole six pack (maybe help him with one) in one evening. He wont even remember you were there.

Nah, to risky and expensive. Might give someone alcohol poisoning. ha

I'm freaking jealous. Baton Rouge has no clue on good beer. Yeah, SN, Flying Dog, and a couple of others in the Whole Foods store. But that is it. Enjoy! lucky bast@rd

Am I the only one who found it incredibly overrated? It was like drinking everclear infused with hops. Not for me I guess

$10.59 each.

Whoa, I didn't realize they were so expensive! A beer store near me sells them for $5.99 each and it took me at least 3 months of staring at them before I bought one, as I though they were too expensive. :drunk:

well if it makes you feel better they are the same price in Delaware as well. i think i should get a down the street discount.

Can someone point me to a primer on IPA's? I've been trying to find out what 60-, 90- and 120 minute means. I take it the higher the number, the hoppier the brew, but where do the minutes come from? Thanks!

Can someone point me to a primer on IPA's? I've been trying to find out what 60-, 90- and 120 minute means. I take it the higher the number, the hoppier the brew, but where do the minutes come from? Thanks!

If I am not mistaken, and I may be, I think it has to do with how they are hopped. DFH invented a system of "continuous hopping". It started when he was homebrewing and used one of those old vibrating football games to constantly add hops to the boiling wort. When he went big time he had a more "professional" one built. I believe the 60, 90 and 120 minute all have to do with how long they are continuously hopped for. Don't quote me on this though, I am going from memory so there are probably holes in my story, or I could be just plain wrong.

For me, DFH itself is a bit overrated. I respect their ability to push the envelope and to successfully brew "extreme" beers, but I like my beers balanced, and theirs are not very well balanced. IMO, of course.

Do yourself a favor and cellar a couple of those 120s for several months. The beer ages exceptionally well.

A fireside sipper.

DFH 60, 90 & 120 is how long the boil was and of course they continually Hop if the entire time of the boil.

DFH 60 is amazing and the Hops flavor is the best. The 90 gives you more malt flavor with a nice Hops flavor again. DFH 60 is probably my favorite.

The 120 I do not know yet. I will let you know once I try it.

Wait, so you bought all that without even having tried 120 yet?

Whew. I've had it once, and it was...overrated. I still liked it, but you won't see a bunch in my fridge. I have one bottle I'm aging for a decade, just because.

Is it me or do their calorie numbers seem off.

From their site: "Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45-degree plato . . . 20% abv . . . the average 12 oz. serving has 450 calories."

How is that possible? When I go to BrewCalcs: Free Homebrewing Calculations, I get more like 623 calories.

Enter 45 Brix refractometer reading, convert to 1.168 OG.
Enter 1.168 into fermentation calculator and then use trial and error to find FG that results in an ABV of 20%: FG = 1.047 (wow!)

Result - calories per 12 oz = 623.

I found 1 store here in Columbus that had 1 bottle and they were asking around $17 for it, I passed. Then I'm driving through Buffallo this week and decide to stop into a local beer store. Lo and behold, they have them for $10 a bottle. I included one in with my purchase that day. Havn't tried it yet, of course, but when I do I think I'll split it between two snifters & share the experience. :tank:

The Whole Foods up the street from me have them on sale for $9.49...at least a sixer there. I have another really good store I'm checkin tonight.

Is the alcohol flavor that rough?? Like Vodka with hops??? I've never had one...now seems like a good time tho.

Back