No more MillerCoors for Minnesota

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Wonder how that'll pan out!

WeirdBoy, it's a partial shutdown, law enforcement entities are still in operation. Licensing facilities are only accepting applications, not processing them. If MC didn't get their licensing in time, they might be SOL.

I'm intrigued with the idea that a state in a government shutdown, obviously operating on very limited resources, would expend those resources in order to keep this beer off the shelves. Priorities!

The state shut down is not only affecting MillerCoors but also local craft breweries. For example, Steel Toe Brewing is ready to start brewing but can't until they get their boiler inspected by the state.

Our rich crybaby Gov is the main problem in this state. He is so used to getting his way all his life, when he doesn't he takes the ball and goes home. Another thing, people are getting fines for not having current license on their vehicles, but the license bureau is shut down. Catch 22

Our rich crybaby Gov is the main problem in this state. He is so used to getting his way all his life, when he doesn't he takes the ball and goes home. Another thing, people are getting fines for not having current license on their vehicles, but the license bureau is shut down. Catch 22

Seems like you are in need of a badass wrestler to run for governor to whip the state back into shape! :rockin:

I would guess with the money at stake, and guess what? No enforcement from the alcocops, Miller won't do a damn thing. I wouldn't either.

Also, since MN is a tourist state this time of year, the state parks are all closed, and you can't even buy lottery tickets anymore. Ha, they are loosing so much money each minute its almost comical.

Yeah they will also lose money on alcohol taxes when they pull these from the shelves and the Miller-Coors drinkers who won't drink a substitute don't buy. Wisconsin will be raking in more Minnesota alcohol tax money not just on Sunday's now.

This is terrible news. I will be in St Paul for the next 3 months.

Amen!!! We need another guy like that, the last two have f'd this state up royally. And guys, there's still plenty of law enforcement in MN. Its everything that's worthwhile that's out of service here.

I don't live in MN anymore, but my vote for Jesse was one of the best votes I ever cast.

I don't live in MN anymore, but my vote for Jesse was one of the best votes I ever cast.

I hear that. He may be a li'l 'out there', but it seemed he actually realized he was governing a state of citizens and not just contributors.

And Robotzen, someone in St. Paul should be the one getting fired.... Or a whole building of certain someones.

Back