Glad you guys are here!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

Reaction score
I'm expecting the finishing touches to be put on my home brewery this weekend and begin my first batch of beer. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I've read just about everything out there on brewing beer, but to me it's like reading The Joy of Sex a zillion times before your first roll in the hay!

Other than the obvious points of sanitation, sanitation, sanitation are there any helpful hints you more experienced folks can lend a newbie?

Many thanks!

Hunter

Hunter said:
I'm expecting the finishing touches to be put on my home brewery this weekend and begin my first batch of beer. Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. I've read just about everything out there on brewing beer, but to me it's like reading The Joy of Sex a zillion times before your first roll in the hay!

Other than the obvious points of sanitation, sanitation, sanitation are there any helpful hints you more experienced folks can lend a newbie?

Many thanks!

Hunter

I may have asked that silly question too soon. I just read some of the posts and found a lot of great information!

Nonetheless...any info you have would be great!

Hunter

At least with homebrewing, you can recover from performance anxoity. Relax, its a blast and addicting! Cheers!

Mate one of the golden rules of homebrewing is when brewing you must have a beer in your hand. It not only calmes the nerves and makes the whole experience even more enjoyable but also serves as a reminder why we take the extra effort and pay attention to the "one percenters" ( those small idiosyncrasies that make our good beers great beers). Other than that enjoy and have fun, Let us all know how you go!

Back