What brand of pasta do you like best?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
We eat a lot of pasta at home, probably 3-4 times a week normally. I was happy to buy any store brand all my life and always thought it was just a carrier for the sauce, unless it was home made. Recently I bought some DeCecco and am absolutely amazed at the difference in taste and texture that this stuff makes. I now find that any other pasta is just rubbish in comparison to this great stuff and can't buy any other brand.

I've tried Barilla as well and am unimpressed, it has none of the texture or character of DeCecco.

Do you have a preferred brand of pasta?

DeChicco, the name is DeChicco.

Oops, wrong thread.:drunk:

Is that stuff fresh or dried/hard pasta? I don't eat pasta much even though I love the stuff, it's like instant weight gain for me and I have a LOT of carbs to drink.;) But I can't resist the occasional quattro formaggio tortelloni (or similar) from the refrigerated fresh pasta case. Man I love that stuff but I can't remember the brand.

I'm not such a fan of fresh pasta unless I make it myself, I make a killer Gnocchi in Gorgonzola sauce.

Back