only getting foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbieo13

Reaction score
First time kegger. Tried to force carb my beer and now only getting foam. This is what i did. Used 45 psi shook it up and waited to the gurgling to stop. did that 10 times. I let it sit overnight purged the keg turned it down to 9 psi and now getting a big pint of foam. What should i do? Thanks

I may be wrong here, I have been reading a lot about kegging as I am getting ready to keg my first batch, but I think you way over carbed. If your going to force carb at a pressure that high you should only shake it once, if at all.

From what I have read, you will need to purge down to 0 and let it sit a bit to get some of the carbination out, then crank it back up to 9 or so. I am sure someone with more experience will chime in soon though.

Yep, seems like you need to keep "burping" the keg until you've adjusted to the proper level of carbonation.

There is another possiblilty.

What is the length and inner diameter of your beer line?

Back