a teaser from a recent trip i took...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbreiding

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Amsterdam_Brussels_184.jpg

Amsterdam_Brussels_177.jpg

and it was good!

So did you bring any back with you?

yes, but at quite the cost because de vrede had no take away sixers and they didnt allow walk ups in the drive thru lane. beer mania is the only other place where you can get it and at 12 euros a bottle i crindged but bit the bullet this one time. the unfortunate thing is this place really has taken advantage of the publicity that westverletern has gotten. 198 euros flat shipping rate for the first 32kg. so whether you get one bottle or 45 (25cl) its an outrageous price. i had the owner pack it up in a box for me, free of charge, to put in my checked luggage. luckily, damn worthless luggage handlers, only broke one bottle. it just happen to be a bottle of the 12. sitting watching the luggage hanlders literally throwing bags onto the plane had me worried.

also brought back some westmalle tripel and rochefort 10. these were only a couple of euros a bottle.

Back