Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester369

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I usually just keg things, but Red asked me to brew up some raspberry wheat as a b-day gift for a friend of hers. It'll be bottled, so I figured I needed a label! Here is my first pass at it. Some beer and brewery info will go in the grey box on the right.

RaBruRaspberryWheat.jpg

Let me know what you think!

:mug:

I like it, but I think that lightening up the text a bit to help it stand out would be good.

Plus maybe a feathering on the edges of the picture to blend in better for a smoother cutoff than a hard one. But looking good!

Plus maybe a feathering on the edges of the picture to blend in better for a smoother cutoff than a hard one. But looking good!

I like the hard edge...Very....Paper Back Horror Novel esque.
What would happen if you added a white of light gray drop shadow to the lettering to help it stand out.

print that out and look at it. i am betting it will be too dark. dark images look better on a back lit monitor than printed on paper.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Indeed, the colors needed to be adjusted for printing. The red especially needed help.

There was a drop shadow of gray on the upper text, but not the DDBC - I moved the shadow down and over a little more for better vis, and added a grey to the DDBC as well.

Still can't decide about the feathered edge on the photo. Of course, it seems Photoshop does blurs differently now (just upgraded from Elements 2 to Elements 6) and I can't figure the friggin' blur out now!

Also, added the gray wheat heads and the pawprint.

And, no, mrk305, that warning was not aimed at you! :D Sounds like it hit without being aimed, however ;)

RaBruRaspberryWheat2.jpg

Back