Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some newer (but still crappy quality) pictures of my keezer with the third tap and drip tray.

BITYh.jpg

v69NT.jpg

Y8JGV.jpg

These are the custom handles I made to match the keezer that SWMBO informed me we can't use because they are dirty (What would company think!)...

NgfJS.jpg

I finished my keezer a long time ago, and I'm just now getting some pics of it. It's not in it's final resting place yet, I need to run some new electric from the panel. I also haven't added a drip tray yet, so I'm just using a towel on the floor for now to catch drips.

keezer_0.jpg

keezer_1.jpg

keezer_3.jpg

keezer_4.jpg

keezer_5.jpg

keezer_6.jpg

and CarsonCE was worried about his handles looking dirty.:D love 'em though. it is a cool idea.

I used the wooden ones above, but upside down from that. the threaded piece at the 'now top' was used to put a wooden block for my labels(as suggested in another thread). it's the middle one.
my_tapsR.jpg

I'd like to put leaf hops (whole cones, ideally) in one of them, but I don't have any, and I don't think my LHBS stocks any either. I've got about 15 lbs of pellets in my freezer right now, so I can't justify buying more just to fill a single vial. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but I can't take credit. Someone else mentioned the idea on another thread a while back and I immediately started saving vials.

buying a 7.2 cu ft frigidaire tomorrow to get my keezer project underway...will probably be a few months in the making as I need to run about 15' to my bar (where the tower will be installed) and $$ is a bit tight.

anyone have any recomendation as to how long I should just have the freezer plugged in to ensure its not a lemon out of the box since I know as soon as I start to mod it the warranty goes down the tubes?

so stoked for this project to get underway!

I'm not so sure I want to follow masonsjax's pics, but I recently built my kegerator, and just filled my first keg last night, so I kinda feel like sharing. I still have some fine tuning to do (drip tray, etc.), but I expect to be pouring from it in no time.

IMG_9559.jpg

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

The taps were inherited from my grandfather, and have actual blue ribbons in them.

...anyone have any recomendation as to how long I should just have the freezer plugged in to ensure its not a lemon out of the box since I know as soon as I start to mod it the warranty goes down the tubes?...

When I made mine, I plugged it in, and the sides were ice cold within a minute or two. You'll hear the compressor kick on when you plug it in.

Whoa, isn't that dangerous to drill through the sides of a fridge like that? Thats's a cool place to put the taps though, out of the way.

I was a little worried about it... but there was nothing in there but insulation. I am kinda tall, and they are sorta low, but I am happy as a pig in a poke (for now - lol)

ETA: Update - two kegs now

IMG_9978.jpg

Jaysus, I like the idea of placing my taps on the side. I recently recieved some Perlicks from my in-laws and wife for my birthday. Just for reference, are your shanks 4" or 6"?

kevin

Jaysus, I like the idea of placing my taps on the side. I recently recieved some Perlicks from my in-laws and wife for my birthday. Just for reference, are your shanks 4" or 6"?

kevin

they are 4" shanks - reinforced by a scarp piece of wood:

IMG_9554.jpg

Here's my new keezer! Actually, the freezer came with the house, and it looks to be pretty old (it's a Montgomery Ward). Thanks to Pickles for selling me a Ranco on the Classifieds, too.

DSC04091.JPG

DSC04092.JPG

DSC04087.JPG

DSC04090.JPG

Next step is to make some tap handles.

I finally got through all of these and I can't wait to add some pics of mine.

There's no way this forum is healthy for my wallet because all that I want to do now is build, buy, and drink, and not necessarily in that order.

As soon as I complete it I'll have some pictures up.

Jaysus Love the PBR handles!
BTW took me about 2 days of viewing all these posts off and on. I have to agree you guys make me look sane. Only if I can get my wife to understand.

I plan on building a tower and start doing some kegs. I have a Craiglist mini fridge that I got for 5 bucks and an other Magic checf fridge thats on the fritz (needs fixen but was free) but plan on doing both. One for home and one for deer camp.

Thanks for all the images and words of wisdom!

Nothing fancy, but I finally got around to building the collar and installing the taps last weekend. I'll fabricate the drip tray here in a few weeks. For now it's a $1 aluminum cooking tray sitting on the floor.

keg.jpg

That's pretty cool! What can you fit in there? I'm guessing a 2.5 or 3 gallon corny? I've been wanting to get one or two of those for portability, but they seem to be pretty rare (and expensive!).

It holds two 3 gallon kegs, so I guess a couple of 2.5 gallon kegs would fit.

There is also room for a (mounted) paintball bottle, regulator and 20lbs of ice.

I'm working on a collar that will fit between the cooler and the lid. That will let me use the same rig for 5 gallon kegs.

It is time for me to post a picture of mine. This thread has been a great inspiration for my build. Thank you guys. Hail to the master thread!

I have a step-by-step build description with pictures here.

Finally got around to taking a few pictures of the Kegerator. It is a MagicChef that my mother did not want. PVC tower with copper tubing to cool. Paintball CO2. Holds 2 cornies and 2 5L mini-kegs, One on tap and one storage. The top is coasters from mostly Maine and Alaska beers I like and a Rolling Rock in honor of my Gram.

DSCF5442.jpg

DSCF5439.jpg

DSCF5438.jpg

DSCF5440.jpg

DSCF5437.jpg

DSCF5441.jpg

Back