Anyone else annoyed by Rollover ads?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
I can has cheeseburger is one of my favorite sites to follow. A few months ago all of their ads became those frickin' annoying things where when you mouse just touches any part of the ad it pops up.

I hate that.

Last night I did a google search on how to get rid of them. Turns out both Firefox and now IE have add ons that either disable them or even, in the case of IE7PRO, have them disappear completely from the screen.

This is awesome! My life just became a tiny bit better.

I've got Flashblock on Firefox. It stops ALL flash from loading automatically. If a flash animation is on a page, it just gives me a little icon in it's place. If I want it to run (like if it's a menu of something) I click on it and it's there.

One of the science sites has them for defining words, real simple words. Unfortunately, the blockers don't seem to work there.

I've been using Adblock for Firefox for years. I never see any ads.

The worst part about those rollover ads is that they forced me to do something. Before, I didn't mind the ads on the sides and top of the screen. On rare occasions, I would even click on one. But with the obnoxious rollovers I needed to do something to get rid of them. Now with IE7PRO, I have no ads showing up at all. The rollovers ruined it for all of the non-obnoxious advertisers.

+1 to Firefox and Adblock Plus.

The best adblock subscriptions are "EasyList (USA)" and "EasyPrivacy". Actually sped up my browsing because all those ads and advertiser tracking scripts aren't downloaded every time I visit a page.

Latest posts

Back