Happy Thanksgiving!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's hoping that everyone has a safe and happy Holiday.

:mug:
A toast to:
Eating way too much delicious food
Enjoying lots of great home brew
Throwing on some sweats and watching 3 football games
Good times with friends and family
Giving thanks for all the good things in our lives.
:mug:

oh thats right, a triple header....

Rich, hope you and yours have a great turkey day. Gluteny normally is a bad thing, but I hope you stuff yourself to the max.

Cheers brother

Anyone care to post their T-day menus and recipes?

We're doing grilled turkey, garlic-smashed potatoes, sweet potato caserole, spicy green-bean almondine, giblet gravy and cranberry relish. As an appetizer, we're serving hot artichoke-crab dip and some jumbo prawns marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, ginger and parsley. And some cheese and crackers and meat. My mom is bringing up the pie, so that'll be a surprise.

Happy gobble-gobble to my online brewing friends.

I'm going to brine a turkey today, made cranberry sauce and butternut squash soup yesterday. Mom is bringing up all the sides since we're saddled with the fruit of our loins.

Pre-dinner during the football game will be some of nosnhojr's ABT's, olives, and cheese & crackers.

Morning after will be turkey chilaquiles.

Who's got a good brine? I need to get that going.

Cheesefood - those prawns sound awesome!

My wife's making her kick-butt Kimchi stuffing (with bacon...mmmmm).

Happy Thanksgiving.

Monk

I'm going to a potluck, so who knows? It was good last year. I was planning on making Dwarfish Drop Scones, but it's been raining for two weeks and my brick dust is clotted.

Monk said:
Cheesefood - those prawns sound awesome!

My wife's making her kick-butt Kimchi stuffing (with bacon...mmmmm).

Happy Thanksgiving.

Monk

They are awesome, and easy to make: olive oil, garlic, juie of 1 lemon, parsley and fresh grated ginger. I don't measure, I just eyeball everything then drop in the prawns and let them soak up the goodness.

Happy, and SAFE, T-day to everyone!

On menu for tomorrow in our little corner of the world: Roasted Cornish Hens, candied yams, that green bean casserole with fried onions everyone and his sister makes, Stove Top stuffing (why fight it?), with a biscuit wreath and some nice Riesling. :mug:

And a special thank you to our British friends. You guys were smart to kick the Puritans out of your country. Now we need to kick them out of ours!

I am going to a potluck as well. All I was asked to bring was some homebrew. Looks like the christmas porter will be no longer after tomorrow. I have to drink as much as I can today!!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

All the best for a happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone!

Dinner at SIL's house. Turkey, broccoli casserole, scalloped corn, mashed taters precious, and a few different kinds of pie. SIL requested I bring my crab spread. Nothing too challenging... Platter, layer of cream cheese, layer of cocktail sauce, and good old imitation crab chunks shredded over the top. Grab some Ritz or your favorite crackers and dig in. It's easy, and man it's GOOD.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Ize

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

We're already starting to cook here at my house, and family from Ohio will start arriving this evening.

I've got a ton of beer chilled and ready to go, but I expect that no one else in my family (SWMBO exluded) will be interested in it. The women in my family don't drink beer, and the men are Coors Light and/or Bud Light drinkers.

This nut fell far from the tree in many many ways.

Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

bush_turkey.jpg

turkey.jpg

3064437d.gif

happy_thanksgiving_1.jpg

Walker-san said:
I've got a ton of beer chilled and ready to go, but I expect that no one else in my family (SWMBO exluded) will be interested in it. The women in my family don't drink beer, and the men are Coors Light and/or Bud Light drinkers.
Won't be terribly different at my house. My brother's in town from Seattle for the holiday and keeps showing up at my house with 5-packs of Budweiser. I hope he'll use a glass at the table, but we'll see.

Soup and cranberry sauce are in the fridge, ABT's are prepared and in the fridge, and the turkey is brining in the beer fridge so it's essentially in God and homebrew's hands at this point.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Spending the weekend at the mother-in-law's house.

Positives: Don't have to cook
Negatives: Less time to jack my post count

Bring on the turkey, homebrew, and football!

The traditional fare- roast turkey-bird, stuffing(my favorite!) smashed taters, cheesy hashbrown casserole, green bean casserole, cranberries, dinner rolls, apple pie for dessert (don't forget the ice cream!) I'll be tied to the stove all day. Yup- I'm the family cook-SWMBO hates it. Oh and the beer will have to be commercial because both of my kegs spit up on me last night during the Marquette-Duke game and the new kegs won't be carbed in time:(
Happy Turkey Day all! (Belated to our friends from the Great White Nort):)

Grilled turkey (brining as we speak), stuffing in the slow cooker this time, baked blue Hubbard squash, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry-orange-walnut relish, homemade sourdough rye bread, pumpkin pie, apple cranberry pie, pecan pie, and apple-rice custard pudding with meringue.

appetizers are: marinated cubed cheese with smoked pastrami, and crackers, with taco dip for the kids.

Many homebrews are chilling and the wine list is: blackberry, dandelion, and/or rhubarb. After dinner is ancient orange mead.

It's a pretty traditional menu, except for grilling the turkey this year.

Happy Thanksgiving all-

Lorena

Just SWMBO and I this year - first time in a while neither of us are traveling or away from home for Thanksgiving. The menu is pretty full, though!

Deep fried turkey (15 lbs for two of us!)
Cornbread stuffing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Cheesy broccoli casserole
Corn
Cranberry sauce
Fresh bread
Crescent rolls
Pumpkin pie
Hot buttered rum
Homebrew!

Happy Thanks Giving all. We are headed to my mom's house, she has enough food for fourteen and there will only be the 5 of us this year. Guess I will have to really hurt myself by overindulging this year.
Here is to hoping that you all enjoy your holiday, you all overeat and you do not fart to much after the belly bombing.:D
Seriously though, I hope that you all have a blessed holiday, be safe.

This is my variation on a recipe I found for Outback Steakhouse's Bushman Bread. It's a big bread machine recipe, but you could just as easily adapt it to standard bread making techniques. Makes about 3 lbs of bread (I pull the top 1/4 to 1/3 of it off as it rises out of my bread machine and bake that in the oven. You could avoid having to do that by cutting the recipe by 1/3 or using a bigger machine than my 2 lb model). It's great bread when made with water - I'm substituting beer for the first time tonight.

12 oz warm, flat beer (full flavored, lightly hopped)
2 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup honey
2 cups bread flour
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp instant coffee (optional)
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 Tsp yeast
Dust with cornmeal before baking

I'm having Thanksgiving at my local VFW Post. I will be on the serving line for about 2 hours and clean up detail afterwards. I am privileged to associate with other vets, especially those that are homeless and alone.

Back