What is your favorite Sour Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootstrapBill

Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see everyones opinion on them. My favorite that I have tried is Russian River Consecration. It is pretty sour, gotta love that bite.

Rodenbach 2007 Vintage Ale, Consecration and Cantillion Lou Pepe 2007 are three of my favourite sours. I've got some of the Rodenbach 2009 Vintage Ale but it doesn't have the same oak as the 2007.

I've had a 750 ml of Rodenbach but I don't remember what vintage it was. It was a very good Sour Ale to introduce people to that type of beer.

Hmmmm....I loved Cantillon Iris (the one time I was able to get it), I love 1809 Berliner Weisse. Seems people either love it or hate it, but I love Duchesse. I'd love to try some of RR or Jolly Pumpkin's sours, but as of yet I haven't been able to get my hands on any of them.

supplication is my alltime favorite - after that, beatification, and then ichtegems.

supplication is my alltime favorite - after that, beatification, and then ichtegems.

I've had supplication ..it was my first sour andi loved it overall as an experience.. But I recently just had one from ommegang that was really good aswell

6262648798_5d79c5bbcd.jpg

Jolly-Pumpkin-Artisan-Ales-Oro-de-Calabaza.jpg

label-zoetzuur-big.jpg

consecration-russian-river-beer-review.preview.jpg

girardin 1882 for very sour, timmermans geuze for a bit less sour. never had an american one, looking forward to it

Cantillon Grand Cru or the Sour Brown that New Belgium brews. Can't remember the name. I'm actually going to a Sour Beer festival a week from today hosted by Upland out of Bloomington so I may update my list :D

Lots of sours I haven't tried. Need to step up my game. It is hard living in Chico, thy don't offer them around that often. Can't wait to move to Seattle.

I am absolutely obsessed with sours. My top three would be :

Petrus aged ale
Jester King Boxers revenge
Tommy Knocker Jack Whacker

Back