Bells Oberon is back for the summer!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
I picked up a case the other day. If youre not in MI, OH, IN , IL you may not have had this brew before. It is an excellent summer beer. If you've never had it, you should try and get some this summer if you can.

Im going to try and clone it this summer, if it comes close I'll post the recipe. I think the guys that work at the store down there have an idea on a clone.

I live right across the river in Kentucky I will try and pick some up. What is it like? What style or what is it similar to?

Here are a couple of links for clones,not sure if you found them yet or not.
I am going to try a recipie I am working on next week. One thing I heard though and have to check into , just for anyone thinking like I was, is that bells filters Oberon and then bottles using a lager yeast. Just saw that in a couple of different places and have to look into it some more though.
If anyone out there has any info on this it would be great.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4329&highlight=oberon+clone
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=39055&postcount=12

EmptyH said:
I live right across the river in Kentucky I will try and pick some up. What is it like? What style or what is it similar to?

It is a wheat bear with a citrus flavor to it. lighter in color. The only beer I can think of to compare it to is bluemoon, but its better than that. It is very good on draft. Good with an orange slice also. I havent checked for any recipes yet, but thanks for the links. I can ask the guys down at bell's about your questions next time im in there. They are also my LHBS, all the guys that work there homebrew also.

Back