Help me turn this into something

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
I have 11.5 pounds of american two row and half a pound of Crystal 10 already crushed in a bag together.

I was going to make a blonde ale but now I want to make some kind of seasonal or interesting beer.

Can you help me turn this into a new beer recipe by adding some specialty grains??

What would you make if you had this to start with??

Add some roasted barley and chocolate malt, some lactose and brew up a cream stout for the holidays. If you look in the recipe database here you'll find some great recipes.

Cheers!

Cream Stout is a good idea. You could also add some darker crystal (maybe some 80 and 120), bit of victory, and some spices to make a holiday beer. Get yourself a nice dark amber ale and spice it, or if you're me, hop the daylights out of it and call that your holiday beer.

Alternatively, you could make an IPA, a la Celebration Ale, which wouldn't require a whole lot of change to your grain bill.

I'd add a few things and make a Belgian-style beer.

Add a pound of malted wheat, a half-pound of Biscuit, 4 oz of Special B and 2 oz Roasted Barley (for color).

1.068 / 16.5P - 5.5 gallons to fermenter

Bitter to 25-30 IBU. Finish with a generous helping of Goldings (I like East Kent, but Styrians work well too).

Ferment with Wyeast 3522, Belgian Ardennes.

Bottle condition to 3 volumes.

Just a thought! :D

Bob

I knew I would get some good ideas from you guys. Cream Stout sounds pretty good actually.

Back