$2.99 six packs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I was in Trader Joes this last weekend and they had their winter brew on sale for $2.99 a six pack. It is a 7.5% double bock, with something like 25 IBUs and is a tasty brew, especially for $12 a case!

Just thought you'd like a heads up on this one!

That's crazy dealin! I've never had TJ's winter, but I think they contract out their brews. I still have a bottle that I'm aging, it's a TJ's 750ml from 2005, screen printed with their logo, etc., but you KNOW who made it, because the wire cage has the unibroue logo. Pretty cool.

TJ's has some decent quality beer and for cheap. Their vienna style lager is really pretty good and I think around 4.99 a six?

Hopefully they are still on sale here this friday, thats a pretty good deal Ive had a couple of TJ's 750 brews by unibroue and they are decent. Gonna pick me up a case or two!

the_bird said:
:(

Trader Joe's around here doesn't selll beer.....

Thanks for ruining my day, BP!

Yup, Trader Joe's doesn't sell beer in CT either:(

But, the liquor store right next to TJ's had 750s of Ommegang Three Philosophers on sale for under $5 so I stocked up on those:)

c.n.budz said:
Yup, Trader Joe's doesn't sell beer in CT either:(

But, the liquor store right next to TJ's had 750s of Ommegang Three Philosophers on sale for under $5 so I stocked up on those:)

Damn, I think I've been paying $8 - $9 a bottle for those! Those'll cellar great, too... they got any more? ;)

anyone ever notice how the TJ beers are strangely decent yet somewhat boring representations of the style?

it's like: "Hey! We want a Bavarian Hefeweizen." And they have someone make exactly that.

It doesn't have any interesting characteristics, isn't real bad or great tasting, it's just a decent cloudy hefeweizen with some banana notes.

I found this from all their beers. I enjoy drinking them (especially for $5 or so a six-pack)...it's just...odd.

the_bird said:
:(

Trader Joe's around here doesn't selll beer.....

Thanks for ruining my day, BP!
You gotta move out to Eastern Mass :)

The one in Framingham sells beer & wine, and I think the one in Brookline does as well.

Silly alcohol laws ....

i've also noticed the pleasant but unremarkable quality of a lot of the tj's house brand beers. not that that's a bad thing, especially at that price.

they're great for entertaining my less adventurous guests who still appreciate different types of beer :)

i am a semi expert on TJs beer as i have baight almost everything they sell.

i agree for the most part the the TJ's brand beer is just OK but I do enjoy the dunkelweizen and the winterfest beer is really pretty decent for 2.99 which Iwas just blown away with when I saw that price last week.

I also picked up a Kenebukenport(sp) pumpkin ale for 3.99 a 6 pack and it is pretty tasty, the SWMBO loves it.

the kenebukenoport porter is excellent and the Black Hart Irish Stout made by North copast brewing co is probably the best beer they sell at TJ's

They also sell full sail beers which I think are very good for 5.99 a 6 pack, the IPA and pale ale are great; the amber is just OK IMHO.

they used to sell dead guy ale for 5.99 a 6 pack, too bad no more.

TJ's rules; especially considering how much beer is at the grocery store or liquor store for even BMC

I need to check out my local Trader Joe's. Getting decent beer for that cheap would be amazing for a poor college student...

DeathBrewer said:
sure, what are you gonna send this way?

Shoot, the only Texas beers I can think of off the top of my head are St. Arnolds and Shiner, but they are DEFF more than $2.99 a six pack. (help me out Ed if you see this and can think of others) I may be willing to do some kind of equivalent trade if you are willing and can think of something you want....:D

Oh, BTW, you are getting close to 4000:D :ban: :rockin:

stever said:
TJ's has some decent quality beer and for cheap. Their vienna style lager is really pretty good and I think around 4.99 a six?

I read online (no I don't believe everything I read here) but it said that their Vienna Lager is brewed by Gordon Biersch. I don't know if it's true and can't get a GB for comparison but they are both tasty!

Dang, and I just polished off my sixer of the TJ's Doppelbock last night. I bought it for the original $4.99. Yes the TJ's beers are made by Gordon Biersch. They are pretty good representations of classic european beer styles and you can't beat the price.

Speaking of shiner, sure am glad that they finally started distributing that in IL (least, when I make it back there I will be).

I'll put another vote towards TJ beers not being great, but definitely good for the value, esp for $3/6. They have a good selection of inexpensive wines too. Their CHilean collection is a consistent good buy ($4-5/750 I think).

Nice find, BP.

I always love it when I visit my sister in Milwaukee and we take a pit stop at the Discount Liquor. They always seem to have $3/sixers there trying to clear our shelf space; it rocks!

Back