Flavor beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernham

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the home brewing. I want to try flavouring. Like raspberry or pumpkin? Any suggestions. Like I said ... Newbie. But so stoked its amazing.

You might be interested in a recipe from my LHBS for a pumpkin porter. You don't even need to actually put the pumpkin in if you don't want to mess with it since the pumpkin doesn't add much flavor or aroma; it's mainly the spices that remind you of pumpkin pie. In general, you don't want to go too heavy on spices, but I've doubled them in this recipe to great effect.

Ok. But where do I get extracts? A health food store?

I know I've seen extracts and flavorings at my LHBS. Seems that online homebrew stores (Midwest Supplies, for example) have them, too. Maybe try herb shops and the like in addition to health food stores? Or specialty cooking stores? Failing that sort of thing, some web searches might prove helpful in locating an online supplier for the kind of extracts or flavorings you're looking for.

I get my extract from midwest supplies. Sold in 4 oz quantities. This wrks well for a 5 gal batch. I often put 2 oz into the boil for the fruit hint after taste. Then add to the bottling bucket to taste. Be careful. You can add more but you can't take it out.

Back